Thread: Thinking about playing Skyrim on PC for Mods. Any tips?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 18h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Thinking about playing Skyrim on PC for Mods. Any tips?

Recommendations?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Sky UI is a must for most mods to run properly. It's also a great UI mod. If your computer can handle it, the 2K HD texture pack is nice. Other than that, the rest is up to you. I personally like mods that add new branching skill lines and the quest overhaul packs that add new content.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by demitaku View Post
    Sky UI is a must for most mods to run properly. It's also a great UI mod. If your computer can handle it, the 2K HD texture pack is nice. Other than that, the rest is up to you. I personally like mods that add new branching skill lines and the quest overhaul packs that add new content.
    This^ and killable children... trust me, you'll need it

Also, don't get the collectors edition or remaster... or whatever it's called. The texture packs available on the original are much better and so are the mods

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I used to play a lot of Skyrim and had about 200 mods/stable game then my gaming laptop broke xD.

It'd be good if you could give some information on how strong of a PC you have/how much time you want to invest into modding. Basically the more mods you have = the more likely you will come across issues in your game if you don't setup things properly.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4d 11h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    skyrim has so many mods, it really depends on what kind of game you want to make skyrim into. there are mods ranging from simple things such as adding new weapons (whether vanilla towards the game or adding weapons from TERA), to playing as a dragon or becoming a beast master.

personally, no matter what i want to do in skyrim, there are a few mods i always install (SKYUI, all of the unofficial patches, FNIS, Race Menu, Alternative Start, and Climates of Tamriel to name a few). there are a few different mod managers that you can use, so read through them a bit before picking one! i'd be glad to help you out if you had questions about anything c: