DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    we do have detergent pods in europe, people are stupid enough to eat them here too.

this all stemmed from the autistic community making a joke and people thinking it was legit... autistic people would make jokes about tide pods/detergent pods being "forbidden snacks" because they look like theyd be super stimulating to chew. for people with sensory issues surrounding food, they looked like a lot of fun to put in your mouth.

they were called forbidden snacks because like, we knew not to eat them, we were aware they were dangerous, we never advocated eating them, we just joked about them being one of those things that you look at and go "wow, those look tasty..." and move on. similar to how you feel when walking around a lush shop.

they also look like fruit which triggers a part of your brain to think theyre food. bright colours + soft outer skin + small = tasty nutritious fruit. but thats also just something we joked about. because it was funny. humans are so stupid theyll look at something that literally says on the package "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INGEST" and think "....... food? tasty? fruit???? tasty..... unga unga"

it sort of went hand-in-hand with the adhd community who talk about their impulse control issues, and how youll be like, cooking pasta and get the impulse to just grab the pot and throw it full pelt at the ground, effectively scalding everything in sight. you wouldnt do it, your brain just wants to, so you call it some dumb shit like "the danger lust" and share jokes other people with the illness can relate to, like the urge to eat molten glass or dip their hand in lava. it looks fun to touch or eat, were just aware you fucking cant.

the point is, neurotypicals caught on to autistic people having fun with self-stimulating behaviours, and took our intra-community jokes way too fucking far. just like when we play around with slime and do normal things like put glitter in it because it feels nice on our hands, then neurotypicals do stupid shit like put ants in their slime for the memes, or just straight up use food for the same reason. were just out here having fun then these neurotypical freaks walk in like "that looks good, im gonna ruin the absolute shit out of it!"

so in short, for all that people like to make fun of autistic people for being retards, neurotypical people sure are a bunch of actual fucking retards.
    Last edited by Mindfang; 01-24-2018 at 11:44 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Misha (01-25-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I cannot even being to touch this subject LOL.

I will say that the way it started was innocent and totally true; "forbidden foods". LOL.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    People are just God damn dumb. And yes it is a very American thing. For some reason the largest Nation feels that food is everywhere or that everything that looks like food is edible. I say good, let them burn from the inside out. If you are dumb enough to consume a non-consumable product then you deserve the gastro issues you will have for years. If the pretty colored candy snack doesn't kill you.

I see a lot of stupid pictures of kids putting them on a plate and captioning a picture with "rate my dinner" or "going to be full tonight", "Yum Yum. Or just a picture of them holding one as though they are going to eat it. Like. Grow up. Smarten up. I don't understand the reason behind acting like such dumbfuck.

It had origins in being innocent fun but nooooo theese amuuricaan kyds kno wut is upp.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Misha (01-25-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Osomatsu View Post
    "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INGEST" and think "....... food? tasty? fruit???? tasty..... unga unga"
    ^ this made me laugh

But much of the Standard American Diet isn't food at all anyway; it's 'food product' so for them to take it one step further isn't that unreasonable.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    14d 20h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Lol probably... yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    we dont have here

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    They�re just little kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I can't believe this is real lmao W H Y

Wouldn't you rather be on a trend of eating 10 blocks of chocolate or some shit instead of something that can kill you? Call me old fashioned but from my understanding tide pods are not all that tasty???

Extreme chocolate block eating challenge, lets bring that back haha