1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Unhappy F5?

Hi guys! In the past I used to just hold down F5 in my keyboard for Neopets to refresh a lot of times (to attach petpetpets), but it's not working for me anymore -___- Anybody knows why is this happening?

And I don't feel like getting an auto refresher, before anybody suggests that

Also, I hope this is the correct forum to ask about this lol

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    I dunno, it just stopped working for me as well. Now I just powerclick the refresh button

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to wait until you establish a connection between your browser and their server before it will actually refresh. So just spamming F5 doesn't allow enough time for all of your packets to get sent over to make the connection with their server. Depending on your connection, you should be able to refresh every .3-1 second. Depending on what you're trying to do, I always just opened the page I'm refreshing in like 10 tabs. Then right click any tab and select "Reload all tabs" so it cycles through them all.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infiniti For This Useful Post:

best avocado (01-24-2018),motherfucker (01-24-2018),Raposa (01-24-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to wait until you establish a connection between your browser and their server before it will actually refresh. So just spamming F5 doesn't allow enough time for all of your packets to get sent over to make the connection with their server. Depending on your connection, you should be able to refresh every .3-1 second. Depending on what you're trying to do, I always just opened the page I'm refreshing in like 10 tabs. Then right click any tab and select "Reload all tabs" so it cycles through them all.
    I believe you are correct. Holding it won't do anything. You have to manually wait for the page to refresh, and do it again.
    I would not recommend refreshing pages that fast anyways (if it worked). That can trigger TNT to look into your account for using an auto refresher.

There are plenty of auto-refresh apps that allow for you to choose variable refresh rates as well as the amount of time a page is refreshed for. I don't remember the name, but there's one that you can set to refresh between every 5-10 seconds, which mimics a real person refreshing. You can also set it to refresh for a certain amount of time (for only an hour or so), just in case you forget about it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

best avocado (01-24-2018),Raposa (01-24-2018),Star Dream (01-25-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by motherfucker View Post
    I believe you are correct. Holding it won't do anything. You have to manually wait for the page to refresh, and do it again.
    I would not recommend refreshing pages that fast anyways (if it worked). That can trigger TNT to look into your account for using an auto refresher.

There are plenty of auto-refresh apps that allow for you to choose variable refresh rates as well as the amount of time a page is refreshed for. I don't remember the name, but there's one that you can set to refresh between every 5-10 seconds, which mimics a real person refreshing. You can also set it to refresh for a certain amount of time (for only an hour or so), just in case you forget about it.
    I see! Actually it used to work and I attached many P3s this way That's why it was weird for me when it wasn't working anymore.
    I'm gonna have to look into auto refreshers it seems LOL

Thank you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by The Queen View Post
    I see! Actually it used to work and I attached many P3s this way That's why it was weird for me when it wasn't working anymore.
    I'm gonna have to look into auto refreshers it seems LOL

Thank you!
    I think they patched it after they fixed all the duping. It was handy for avatars and P3s, but it also was handy in creating thousands of items. lol. Look into a browser add-on for an auto refresher as it will be the easiest to use and help mimic your behavior. If you use FF, (you need an account to see links) is a simple and effective tool. I'm sure there are many others as well though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Infiniti For This Useful Post:

best avocado (01-24-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I've attached a p3 just a few days ago by power clicking f5 for 20 seconds and then pause for 1 min, it took 4 or 5 tries

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 16h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    Best to use a program or a ViolentMonkey browser script to do this task for you. They stated recently that anyone doing more than 2 requests per second can face a ban... so I'd imagine holding F5 would raise some flags
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

12. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

DrSloth (01-24-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Best to use a program or a ViolentMonkey browser script to do this task for you. They stated recently that anyone doing more than 2 requests per second can face a ban... so I'd imagine holding F5 would raise some flags
    omg i didn't know that, i just got the lever of doom avatar few days ago just using the f5+enter to confirme like looooots of time till i got it, luckly nothing happened thank god, i'll be more careful about it

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    I didn't know that, I've attached all my p3s that way, guess I got lucky.
    I honestly hate that they had to be such jerks about this... "Here's a bunch of features that will only work if you refresh like crazy but if you do we're freezing your ass, trololol"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorro For This Useful Post:

Corliss (01-24-2018)