Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So about that Ck Neocash Guide... I wanted some input/help.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    1) Do you think the inclusion of sale information would be beneficial to the actual values of some items?
    I normally check offsite "black market" sites anyways, so yes totally - lets streamline the process!

2) Do you think having a neocash guide exclusively to clraik is a good idea?
    YES the less I have to rely on elitist NCers the better

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I have some worries on the amount of people that would be able to help on giving data for the guide.

For example, the amount of people who deal with NC in clraik is a very small porcentage compared to the people that do it in Neopets, while some legit NC players might be up to help out, the amount of people that is against cheating related sites is bigger, so the data would mostly be coming from buyer/sellers of here, which in my opinion doesn't reflect the real state of the NC chat and how legit players trade. Taking away the stigma of this being a place full of cheaters and having some people being afraid of here (which is just the truth, even when we are "good cheaters" compared to other communities) would just be impossible to do.

For this same reason, I'm afraid some prices might come out as biased and people would be like: "I rather use Waka and trade onsite than buy directly on cK since in Neopets it would be cheaper/cost less to trade" or say "Well, it's a guide done by NC sellers, so probably they try to put things the most expensive as they can possible be".

At the same time, one worry is how updated the guide can possible be, considering what I just said of just a few amount of people actively giving information on trades, and also how busy mods could be. Feels a bit how I feel at the moment about the UC Neopets Prices guide, which hasn't been updated in quite a while and many pets already sell higher than stated there (which has been said by people but ignored).

Despites my worries, if any help is need with graphics or userbars, you know I'm up to contribute.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Isabella (01-23-2018),LibraryFaerie (01-24-2018),Menine (01-24-2018),TFW (02-03-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    1) Do you think the inclusion of sale information would be beneficial to the actual values of some items?

This is gonna be long; sorry in advance. From the way your question is worded, I'm understanding that your guide would have a lowered value listed for BBoBF just because it doesn't sell for $300 off-site, so these thoughts are in response to that. Sorrrrryyyyyy if I'm misunderstanding how you intend to incorporate sale information into the value.

I might be the only person, but this one actually makes me hesitate. It's common knowledge that ANY higher-value item typically sells for a discounted rate, here or otherwise, even if it trades easily on-site for the listed value; most sellers offer a "large item discount" or a "buying in bulk discount" OR are more likely to discount items that they have 230498234023 of from old inactive accounts.

HOWEVER, that does not change the trading value of those items; it just caters to the fact that people are less likely to spend real money on one high-value item, and therefore more likely to buy if that price is discounted. If legitimate traders in the past have traded BBoBF at the listed value of 300 and that value was agreed upon by both people involved in the trade, that IS the trading value of BBoBF, regardless of how impossible it is to sell off-site for that price.

My fear/hesitation is that legitimate NCers will use sale information as a means to take advantage of values that ARE legitimate trading values. Just because a BBoBF doesn't sell unless it's discounted to $75 (and even then it's hard as hell) doesn't mean it's only worth 75 cap value - it just means that it's not very likely that someone will drop $300 on one set of pixels. However, it IS still possible that someone will trade 250-300 cap value worth of their own pixels on-site toward it.

We also need to consider the fact that a lot of NCers will flat out refuse to use an off-site guide from a "cheating website" (lol), and our guide has to maintain SOME consistency with what those traders are referencing on-site. If person A sees on our guide that BBoBF is 100 value because it's a bitch to sell, but person B sees on /~waka that BBoBF is 300... it's going to cause more confusion over values than it will help.

My suggestion would be to keep the two separate somehow. Maybe separate columns, "trade value" vs "sale value", instead of a single listed value that is shaped by both? Sellers are allowed to sell items based on "sale value," but it won't give NC traders who reference the guide reason to believe that it's a reflection of the on-site trade value of that item. For example, BBoBF would have a "trade value" listed of 250-300 but a sale value listed of $100. For another example, Wish on a Star BG and Sugar Icing Holiday Cookies Garland are both listed at 12-15. WoaS floats around easily, could have a sale value of $10, while Cookies GL is a bitch to find and could easily have a sale value of $15; however, both still easily trade on-site for 12-15 and have listed trade values as such.

Just thoughts. As long as they're kept separate, I think it can be valuable (moreso for sellers than for NCers, though), but I don't necessarily think we should have a guide that says BBoBF is ~ 100 just because it doesn't sell for more than that.
    Hey Rachel!

The value of BBOBF wouldn't be fluctuating that much as I would be taking trade values and sale values. Having separate values for trade versus sale might be something we implement for higher end items.

When regarding the sugar cookies and wish on a star, everyone knows the sugar cookies is way higher to find so I would expect to see that value rise slightly, and wish upon a star go more towards 12 but again, depends on the data we're given.

Also, when regarding clraik as an off-site, thats fine that some people don't approve, there are still lots who do. There are actually a ton of ncers on here also and a ton who lurk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I have some worries on the amount of people that would be able to help on giving data for the guide.

For example, the amount of people who deal with NC in clraik is a very small porcentage compared to the people that do it in Neopets, while some legit NC players might be up to help out, the amount of people that is against cheating related sites is bigger, so the data would mostly be coming from buyer/sellers of here, which in my opinion doesn't reflect the real state of the NC chat and how legit players trade. Taking away the stigma of this being a place full of cheaters and having some people being afraid of here (which is just the truth, even when we are "good cheaters" compared to other communities) would just be impossible to do.

For this same reason, I'm afraid some prices might come out as biased and people would be like: "I rather use Waka and trade onsite than buy directly on cK since in Neopets it would be cheaper/cost less to trade" or say "Well, it's a guide done by NC sellers, so probably they try to put things the most expensive as they can possible be".

At the same time, one worry is how updated the guide can possible be, considering what I just said of just a few amount of people actively giving information on trades, and also how busy mods could be. Feels a bit how I feel at the moment about the UC Neopets Prices guide, which hasn't been updated in quite a while and many pets already sell higher than stated there (which has been said by people but ignored).

Despites my worries, if any help is need with graphics or userbars, you know I'm up to contribute.
    Again, theres a lot of ncers on here actually. Would be using the updates from the other guides to help influence our values also.

Also, the UC guide can't really be updated because those are never going to be re-released and the amount is dwindling. TBH, all of those values should be even higher than the guide says minus the mutants, some halloweens and the uglier pets due to non-existent supply.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Isabella (01-24-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Bumping up for more information from people.

Just want a bit more information before moving forward.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I'm not a huge NCer, but I think a guide like this would be very beneficial to the CK community.

My first recommendation is that it's created in a searchable Google Doc of some sort. Google spreadsheets would be amazing! (This would allow for live updates from a certain few mods/supervisors. It would also mean very easy loading and searching. Korolie loaded so fucking slow.) If coding and graphics are needed for this, hit me up! I live for this stuff.

Now to actually answer your questions:

1) I think sale information would be VERY beneficial, but only if it's referred to as a guide, not enforced as CK "law" as prices of Neopoints are (there are so many more factors in the sale of NC items, obviously!). I think that a good price per GBC should be established (based on current sales, I think it's 1.50/GBC). I might be completely missing the point, but my quick answer for this would be yes, very beneficial. (This sale information would be very beneficial for the CK economy too. It would make price checks and whatnot easy and stable.) There can always be a date of sale column too, which would help immensely. There was never a date of when an item was updated on Korolie.

2) I think that regardless of if it's exclusively CK guide or not, it will be used outside of CK. I think that opening anonymous submissions would be important as we can assume that some items can be tracked down to pinpoint or target specific people.

Again, I may have completely missed the point of these questions, but those are my opinions on it!

In summation, NC GUIDE VERY GOOD! GREAT IDEA <3
    Last edited by motherfucker; 01-24-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Grammar and stuff.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Considering I rely on guides entirely. Yes.
    2) Do you think having a neocash guide exclusively to clraik is a good idea?
    Of fucking course I do. Having an NC guide be exclusive to CK is going to draw attention to us, and gain us more members.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Bettser (01-24-2018),motherfucker (01-24-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by motherfucker View Post
    I'm not a huge NCer, but I think a guide like this would be very beneficial to the CK community.

My first recommendation is that it's created in a searchable Google Doc of some sort. Google spreadsheets would be amazing! (This would allow for live updates from a certain few mods/supervisors. It would also mean very easy loading and searching. Korolie loaded so fucking slow.) If coding and graphics are needed for this, hit me up! I live for this stuff.

Now to actually answer your questions:

1) I think sale information would be VERY beneficial, but only if it's referred to as a guide, not enforced as CK "law" as prices of Neopoints are (there are so many more factors in the sale of NC items, obviously!). I think that a good price per GBC should be established (based on current sales, I think it's 1.50/GBC). I might be completely missing the point, but my quick answer for this would be yes, very beneficial. (This sale information would be very beneficial for the CK economy too. It would make price checks and whatnot easy and stable.) There can always be a date of sale column too, which would help immensely. There was never a date of when an item was updated on Korolie.

2) I think that regardless of if it's exclusively CK guide or not, it will be used outside of CK. I think that opening anonymous submissions would be important as we can assume that some items can be tracked down to pinpoint or target specific people.

Again, I may have completely missed the point of these questions, but those are my opinions on it!

In summation, NC GUIDE VERY GOOD! GREAT IDEA <3
    The GBC to value thing wouldn't work. GBCs should typically be 1$/cap but people tend to charge more when they aren't in the mall. Seen them go up to 1.75/gbc but many sell for 1$/gbc

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I belive we could put at the "Additional comments" section when leaving iTrader feedback what we sold and for how much.
    Mods can check those of people who sell a lot.