Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So about that Ck Neocash Guide... I wanted some input/help.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m

So about that Ck Neocash Guide... I wanted some input/help.

So it seems like ~waka is the new buzz after the owners of ~Korolie buried themselves. That's fine and dandy but I think a guide here could be useful as well. It would work off the basis of the past guides, and include trades from people on clraik, people off clraik (who will remain anonymous of course), and SALES on clraik. I just wanted to explain the last two sources a bit.

The other day when Shannon and whoever the other owner of Korolie was were claiming they own the Neocash values that a community came together to make, I was shelling it up, and trying to make people realize what they were doing was extremely wrong. A lot of people agreed, and I got around 30 mails from legit ncers who wanted to contribute to an off-site guide. They will forever remain anonymous and I really encourage legit NCers to come out and contribute. Their usernames will not go to anyone but myself, and will be purely confidential.

The inclusion of sale information is also really important to the guide realistically. Lets look at BBOBF for example. I know a ton of sellers here start swearing and getting frustrated when selling this item because of the absurd value that guides normally hold it to. YES, its a super old and hard to get collectible that will most likely never be released. YES, it goes with a ton of customization and is sort of a social status symbol... but it doesn't trade. I believe the last few trades went for 275-300 and they were to uber collectors. That's just my opinion but I am sure that sale information will reflect this also as well as anonymous traders.

My Questions To You...

So ideally I want a few questions answered..
    1) Do you think the inclusion of sale information would be beneficial to the actual values of some items?
    2) Do you think having a neocash guide exclusively to clraik is a good idea?

HELPING WITH THE GUIDE?

I am looking for help with this as I work two jobs, and get drunk once in awhile so my hangovers are real. I have already been offered help from many people including @(you need an account to see links). There are a few ways you can help with this.
    1) I am looking for two others who have MASSIVE amounts of NEOCASH trading experience. I am not looking for members of clraik who simply just sell. I want two people who actually trade, know other ncers, how neocash trading works and how the neocash chat works. You guys will be talking values with me, and help me update.
    2) I am looking for someone to help making a snazzy board, and other graphics needed along the way. +rep will be given.
    3) I am looking for EVERYONE on clraik, your friends and lurkers to help by contributing values when the guide starts here. I'll talk to staff about implementing some sort of a top contributor bar or reward system of some sort if this actually takes off.

HOW WILL THIS GUIDE BE DIFFERENT?

So, there's a few ways this guide will be different.
    1) Its off-site. I know there are many who are afraid of clraik, but they shouldn't be. We have minimal drama, our staff is actually online/responds to complaints/take action, and we really actually want Neopets to succeed. We have taken action against people who raid actives, and we try our best to keep this a safe place.
    2) Inclusion of seller values.
    3) Not governed by TNT. Shannon can't get our page removed by TNT no matter how much she cries.

Lastly, NO ONE OWNS THESE VALUES THAT WE CREATE. Its a community thing, and that's how it'll stay. When I can no longer run it, I will gladly pass it on to another user when that day comes.

In the mean time, we are still going to be using ~Waka values for a while. Even when this guide is released, it will be in beta mode for a while until we can get things to stabilize. Until then, it will just be a reference for values, but not the regulated values we follow for sales.
    Last edited by Mama Bear; 01-23-2018 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Proof-reading

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Aska (01-23-2018),Ban (01-23-2018),Black Dog (01-23-2018),Botan (01-23-2018),Cinnamoroll (01-29-2018),Corliss (01-23-2018),Daviid (01-23-2018),Doge (01-23-2018),Eed (02-02-2018),Extraterrestrial (01-23-2018),Isabella (01-23-2018),Isao (01-24-2018),j03 (01-23-2018),Lyric (01-23-2018),Mama Bear (01-23-2018),motherfucker (01-23-2018),Neal Caffrey (01-23-2018),Nyanobyte                      (01-23-2018),Peachy (01-23-2018),people (01-23-2018),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (01-25-2018),Ragemodeactivate (01-23-2018),SpongeBob (01-24-2018),Synth Salazzle (01-24-2018),TFW (02-03-2018),vajeenumber2 (01-23-2018),Warframe (01-23-2018),Youknowwho (01-23-2018)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    100d 2h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    1) Do you think the inclusion of sale information would be beneficial to the actual values of some items?
    Probably. The guide being really an GUIDE, its awesome! The way the guides are now - even /~Waka - they seems like... the rule. I think a new guide, with a new format its better. I don't think "more of what we already have" is a good idea, but something different isn't just good: it is necessary. Take a look at Jelyneo's database with that "price history" and "trading post history". I think this is what you are aiming for and I think that's the right way to follow.

Yes, it is. I mean, at least it's a good publicity...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal Caffrey For This Useful Post:

Bettser (01-23-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal Caffrey View Post
    Probably. The guide being really an GUIDE, its awesome! The way the guides are now - even /~Waka - they seems like... the rule. I think a new guide, with a new format its better. I don't think "more of what we already have" is a good idea, but something different isn't just good: it is necessary. Take a look at Jelyneo's database with that "price history" and "trading post history". I think this is what you are aiming for and I think that's the right way to follow.

Yes, it is. I mean, at least it's a good publicity...
    There will still be neocash regulations in advertising (as there are now), once it is a stable guide. So if the guide said ~30-35, you could not advertise it on your thread for less than 30. As it is now, you could accept a lower offer during the haggling process. In that regard, it would still be "the rule"; that said, the guide would be more of a living document, reflecting the actual trading values experienced by the various stake holders. NC will still be a regulated market though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Bettser (01-23-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 8h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I think the inclusion of sale information would make things easier considering how much people sell here and I definitely think clraik having its own guide is a good idea. Its there to fall back on when the shit hits the fan onsite too lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Bettser (01-23-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    155d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 22m
    I think the inclusion of sale values is great! I know that it has definitely changed how I trade onsite as things stay a little more constant here and don't change as much when multiple people start seeking an item.

Also, I'd love to help! I've spent around 6-8k on NC, have been trading for years, and have invested a lot of time looking at items I know will rise in value over time due to low supply. I also can help with graphics (can show past work too)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malarkey For This Useful Post:

Bettser (01-23-2018),Bridge (01-23-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    @(you need an account to see links) ,great! Ill send you a mail once I get some more input.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Malarkey (01-23-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Yes for sure! Whenever I made any sort of trades I never really 'reported' the value of the trades to the people who make the guides and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I feel like a lot of stuff is easily over/under valued because people only really report a trade when they over/under value anyway. With knowing the price of people willing to sell or buy items, it makes it easier to find out what is actually popular and what just doesn't sell. Like what you mentioned with BBOBF.

I think it would be nice for sure, won't have to worry about it going down and the drama around it.

If you need help for values, or just someone to bump some boards, I've easily spent over 4k CAD on NC just on my main account.

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Yes - I find that the onsite guide struggled to keep current with what we were doing offsite.

Also yes - tired of NCC'ers with attitudes taking guides down because no one was kissing their asses. We need a guide offsite that isn't going to be pulled down.

I would be happy to add any input to the guide once it is up and running. I may spend a lot of money on NC but I hate trading onsite lol.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    100d 2h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    There will still be neocash regulations in advertising (as there are now), once it is a stable guide. So if the guide said ~30-35, you could not advertise it on your thread for less than 30. As it is now, you could accept a lower offer during the haggling process. In that regard, it would still be "the rule"; that said, the guide would be more of a living document, reflecting the actual trading values experienced by the various stake holders. NC will still be a regulated market though.
    well, I can live with that. thats not really a problem

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

This is gonna be long; sorry in advance. From the way your question is worded, I'm understanding that your guide would have a lowered value listed for BBoBF just because it doesn't sell for $300 off-site, so these thoughts are in response to that. Sorrrrryyyyyy if I'm misunderstanding how you intend to incorporate sale information into the value.

I might be the only person, but this one actually makes me hesitate. It's common knowledge that ANY higher-value item typically sells for a discounted rate, here or otherwise, even if it trades easily on-site for the listed value; most sellers offer a "large item discount" or a "buying in bulk discount" OR are more likely to discount items that they have 230498234023 of from old inactive accounts.

HOWEVER, that does not change the trading value of those items; it just caters to the fact that people are less likely to spend real money on one high-value item, and therefore more likely to buy if that price is discounted. If legitimate traders in the past have traded BBoBF at the listed value of 300 and that value was agreed upon by both people involved in the trade, that IS the trading value of BBoBF, regardless of how impossible it is to sell off-site for that price.

My fear/hesitation is that legitimate NCers will use sale information as a means to take advantage of values that ARE legitimate trading values. Just because a BBoBF doesn't sell unless it's discounted to $75 (and even then it's hard as hell) doesn't mean it's only worth 75 cap value - it just means that it's not very likely that someone will drop $300 on one set of pixels. However, it IS still possible that someone will trade 250-300 cap value worth of their own pixels on-site toward it.

We also need to consider the fact that a lot of NCers will flat out refuse to use an off-site guide from a "cheating website" (lol), and our guide has to maintain SOME consistency with what those traders are referencing on-site. If person A sees on our guide that BBoBF is 100 value because it's a bitch to sell, but person B sees on /~waka that BBoBF is 300... it's going to cause more confusion over values than it will help.

My suggestion would be to keep the two separate somehow. Maybe separate columns, "trade value" vs "sale value", instead of a single listed value that is shaped by both? Sellers are allowed to sell items based on "sale value," but it won't give NC traders who reference the guide reason to believe that it's a reflection of the on-site trade value of that item. For example, BBoBF would have a "trade value" listed of 250-300 but a sale value listed of $100. For another example, Wish on a Star BG and Sugar Icing Holiday Cookies Garland are both listed at 12-15. WoaS floats around easily, could have a sale value of $10, while Cookies GL is a bitch to find and could easily have a sale value of $15; however, both still easily trade on-site for 12-15 and have listed trade values as such.

Just thoughts. As long as they're kept separate, I think it can be valuable (moreso for sellers than for NCers, though), but I don't necessarily think we should have a guide that says BBoBF is ~ 100 just because it doesn't sell for more than that.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Aska (01-23-2018),Drizzy (01-25-2018),Eed (02-02-2018),Foxglove (01-24-2018),Lyric (01-23-2018),Malarkey (01-23-2018),Mama Bear (01-24-2018),Menine (01-24-2018),Pusheen (01-23-2018)