Thread: Best way to move a UC to an account with only one pet?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

Best way to move a UC to an account with only one pet?

I'm considering moving a UC to my account. I've got one pet at the moment. I'm not super-well known, I don't go on the PC often, but it's possible people would notice (I can PM specifics). I have thumbed through some guides on here with little luck to my specific situation..what's the best way to move a pet to my account/how do I field questions if a Neofriend notices?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Well, you want to do a few different things during & after the move.
    These are pretty general, since I don't know your exact situation.

1. Make sure the account looks built-up. At least 5 years old if not more. You want to make sure it looks well lived-in, not just an empty shell, because that's suspicious.

2. Just don't go on the Pound Chat. I promise you, it's not worth the risk when people are report-happy as they are over even common, poorly-named UCs.

3. Get a back-story. Maybe you had an old side account that you made a long time ago and forgot about, and you found a UC on there, and you're moving it up. If that account has other cool pets on it, maybe you traded. Have answers ready if you get asked questions.

4. If the UC's something particularly valuable or well-named, do some research first to see if there's anybody out there keeping an eye on the specific pet. The higher up you go on the tier ladder, the more likely it is that you have someone lurking that pet.

5. Probably put some more pets on that account. Just one pet is... odd, at least to me-- it's hard to have just one. Or two, in this case. Maybe some VWN + customized randoms with decent colors. Maybe one with good stats. Y'know, make your account look lived-in.

6. "How" to move? Depends on what's already on there. If you've got a RW or other valuable pet somewhere else, you could move that to this account, then trade that for the UC in question. Otherwise, have the accounts exchange neomails to show a realistic conversation about the transfer. Make it look real.

6b. This is assuming it's a bought UC. If it's a legitimate UC, then I feel that you have a few less things to worry about, but do still be careful and try to avoid getting too much attention.
    Last edited by Star Dream; 01-20-2018 at 01:52 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Dream For This Useful Post:

Arabelle (01-20-2018),Reeses (01-20-2018),zitilover (01-20-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    With the ones I obtained through illegit means, I just moved them. There was one that I exchanged a few emails with the seller but not the other 3. Nothing I've moved is above tier 6 though. I think the higher you go, the better your chances of being caught. Like David said, stay away from PC at all costs. My story was that an old friend had returned and decided to quit for good offering me her UCs. There may be better stories out there, I think it's about selling the story, believe the lie! Lol. It's good if you can tell nosy neighbors as many details as they may ask. You got it from X, your friend who quit x long ago etc. Good luck!
    One more thing, if you're moving the pet yourself, say off of a shell, make 100% sure you're using a VPN or proxy and that it's turned off before you log into your own account.
    Last edited by Arabelle; 01-20-2018 at 02:31 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arabelle For This Useful Post:

Bridge (01-20-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabelle View Post
    With the ones I obtained through illegit means, I just moved them. There was one that I exchanged a few emails with the seller but not the other 3. Nothing I've moved is above tier 6 though. I think the higher you go, the better your chances of being caught. Like David said, stay away from PC at all costs. My story was that an old friend had returned and decided to quit for good offering me her UCs. There may be better stories out there, I think it's about selling the story, believe the lie! Lol. It's good if you can tell nosy neighbors as many details as they may ask. You got it from X, your friend who quit x long ago etc. Good luck!
    One more thing, if you're moving the pet yourself, say off of a shell, make 100% sure you're using a VPN or proxy and that it's turned off before you log into your own account.
    None of mine would be either, I honestly think I'll be good to go to just move one, but in the mean time I'll get a few more pets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
    None of mine would be either, I honestly think I'll be good to go to just move one, but in the mean time I'll get a few more pets.
    It can't hurt to have some other nice pets on the account. I've read that TNT does sometimes check your emails if they spot a flag but they deny it so, I don't know. Good luck, I think you'll be fine moving one pet. Just be careful!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    18d 14h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    typically what I do is give the pet some neat css and list a couple goals, like a petpet+petpetpet, training goals, and a little note saying “thank you xxx for helping me achieve my goal!”
    that way it looks like an adoption or even the last trade in a chain, I’ve seen it used both ways pretty effectively
    adopt a couple other vwn pets and give them decent paint jobs and give them a lookup as well, just to make the pet fit in a little better
    most of the time, the pet is fine as long as you don’t give people a reason to question otherwise
    no pc, and if you wanna go on, just lurk
    not much to post there anyway