So I'm starting my final semester of college and two of my courses require us to purchase training packages through UCertify for the course. I've never used UCertify, but reading online the reviews seem to be hit and miss. I've always been the type to search around and find my books and study materials for free online, but I can't seem to come up with anything other than like 10-15% off. I wouldn't have a problem paying $100 or so for each course, but for the two packages, my total is just shy of $400 x.x On top of that, I looked into UCertify and it appears they don't actually develop anything on their own. They simply get a license to use content created by others from books and such.

So has anyone used UCertify before? I'm not sure what to expect, but if I can download a few books and get all of the course material I'd much rather go that route. Or are the courses very specific to UCertify and I'm basically SoL because there won't be much of an alternative? I plan on doing some more research, then contacting my instructor about it all. I'm paying out of pocket for courses though, so $400 is a bit much to dish out at once, especially because I just paid for my classes. I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with UCertify and might be able to suggest if I'll have to purchase the packages, or if I can find alternative sources that should work for me. Or if someone might know of a way to get the materials for free. It's for two certification tests, so I know I can find study guides for free for them both. I just don't know how in-depth UCertify is.