Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone is trying to hack into my accounts... help!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Someone is trying to hack into my accounts... help!

Someone is trying to hack into all of my personal accounts (non-neo related).
    I have 2 Step Verification applied to allll of my accounts, but this psycho got ahold of my phone number somehow.
    I've blocked it.

But I'm afraid he's going to use my number to somehow hack into my accounts.
    What should I do?
    What can I do?

I'm currently on the phone with my phone service provider.

Any help- appreciated!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    200/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    66d 8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by spine View Post
    Someone is trying to hack into all of my personal accounts (non-neo related).
    I have 2 Step Verification applied to allll of my accounts, but this psycho got ahold of my phone number somehow.
    I've blocked it.

But I'm afraid he's going to use my number to somehow hack into my accounts.
    What should I do?
    What can I do?

I'm currently on the phone with my phone service provider.

Any help- appreciated!!!
    Wow, What kind of accounts? I mean... What else is there to do. Create new emails and start switching everything fast.

Good Luck! Let us know if we can help!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EvolutionZzZ For This Useful Post:

Fizzlepop (12-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZzZ View Post
    Wow, What kind of accounts? I mean... What else is there to do. Create new emails and start switching everything fast.

Good Luck! Let us know if we can help!
    Thanks so much!
    Well basically just my Paypal, Insta, FB, etc...
    And my phone # is associated with all those accounts, I have the 2-step verification process applied to it so I'm just concerned that now this guy has my phone number, he'll be able to use that somehow to hack into my accounts.

Is that possible or not?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    200/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    66d 8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by spine View Post
    Thanks so much!
    Well basically just my Paypal, Insta, FB, etc...
    And my phone # is associated with all those accounts, I have the 2-step verification process applied to it so I'm just concerned that now this guy has my phone number, he'll be able to use that somehow to hack into my accounts.

Is that possible or not?
    No idea how they would get your phone number lol Is switching your # out of the question? I would consider it. Create a new email from a Domain other than google/yahoo/hotmail of course and start changing emails for all your accounts.

I WOULD START WITH PAYPAL lol. obviously

But its still kinda a problem if you dont change all of the emails I think. I know with something like Yahoo... They require you to wait 90 days before removing your phone number from an account. So within those 90 days, I can use my Phone number to log into any of those accounts even if I changed the passwords and what not.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EvolutionZzZ For This Useful Post:

spine (12-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    To use two step for paypal he not only needs to have the # but also have access to the phone with the # in question as as far as im aware they send you a code to your phone #

So unless this person actually HAS your phone physically then his/her attempts wont work, i once got a code for my payla, which i didnt request i just reported it to paypal

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:

spine (12-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    To use two step for paypal he not only needs to have the # but also have access to the phone with the # in question as as far as im aware they send you a code to your phone #

So unless this person actually HAS your phone physically then his/her attempts wont work, i once got a code for my payla, which i didnt request i just reported it to paypal
    Yes, exactly, he needs to have the physical phone, not just the number. This is the case for Paypal, Gmail, Instagram, FB, etc. Everywhere that I have 2 step verification set up, which is everywhere.

So I'm wanting to make sure that he cannot somehow use my phone number to intercept the verification process. I want to confirm that it is not possible.

Cc: @(you need an account to see links)

I'm hesitant to migrate everything over to a different email if he would still have the phone number I don't think that solves the problem and I don't want an entirely new number because what if I'm overreacting?

Sorry guys, I'm like totally frazzled by the fact he got my number somehow but I think it shouldn't be hard to get someone's number if you have their full name and email right? Idk.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I dont think he/she can do much without the physical phone to be honest. I mean short of cloning your phone which i dont think is that easy to do and i believe you need the physical phone to do that also.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:

spine (12-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    I dont think he/she can do much without the physical phone to be honest. I mean short of cloning your phone which i dont think is that easy to do and i believe you need the physical phone to do that also.
    Thank you- makes me feel better!
    I'm probably overreacting but I know this person is capable of hacking. I have set up enough hurdles, hopefully, they leave me alone.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I mean for peace of mind id change my passwords and maybe security questions also just for extra layer, but i dont think they can do much

For some reason im ALWAYS getting targeted by people trying to get into my paypal, or gmail, or ebay or some stuff, even my bank and i dont even know why cos im a single mum and broke as hell always

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:

spine (12-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    If he has your number (as in, he just knows it) I don't think there's much he can do with it. There have been instances where people go to the carriers with enough info about you and request another SIM though...
    Instead of using SMS 2FA I'd recommend you use 2FA apps like Authy or Google Authenticator (if possible) those codes are tied to your phone, not your phone number. And, ofc update all your passwords.

(you need an account to see links)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Accelerator For This Useful Post:

spine (12-19-2017)