Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

The Last Jedi

Saw it last night. It was way too long, but the last hour or so was so perfect. Wondering what other people thought of it.

(Actual spoiler below)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    My husband saw it with of group of mates and they all hated it. Something along the lines of too many side plots that go nowhere and the story felt like a repeat..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Big Star Wars fan.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    7d 7h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    So many unanswered questions now. Who was the boy at the end with the ring?Why did Leia not see/feel what Luke did about Kylo?Why the heck involve those little creatures so much in the plot?Seriously they made Chewie a joke with that one.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    127d 9h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Honestly when I saw that the audience gave the movie a 50% on Rotten Tomatoes I was prepared to hate the movie...
    I actually really enjoyed watching it!

The movie was visually stunning in a lot of scenes. You could tell what effects/visions the cinematographers were going for and I think they executed it all really well!

That's not to say the movie was perfect. Everyone else already pointed out things that I also didn't really like about the movie but I don't think any of it took away from my overall enjoyment of it It was more like small blockbuster-movie-formula things that all the big movies these days (cough all those god damned superhero movies that I enjoy watching but which have been clogging up the box office) seem to do to add entertainment quality to their movies. I feel like it was fresh when The Avengers came out like 20 billion years ago, but now it's been used to threads and movie producers are still trying to get pennies (OK, millions of dollars) out of that movie formula.

Oh I just realized this thread is like 3 weeks old but I only watched this movie 4 days ago
    Last edited by Foxglove; 01-06-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I liked it a lot more than I was expecting to, although I wasn't expecting much. Don't set your hopes too high and you'll never be disappointed!

However a week or so ago my sisters and I travelled about an hour and a half to a city that has a 4D theater to watch it there (a few days after we FINALLY got my little sister to watch star wars - she's obsessed now), and let me tell you it was AMAZING. One of the coolest things I've ever done. The entire movie in 4D. I wish I could see all movies like that. It had enough motion and special effects to make it really fantastic but not so much that you got sick. If anyone lives near one of these theaters, hurry up and go see the last jedi in 4D before it gets replaced with something else!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I preferred it more than the last one, especially the last hour.