8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    17h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Dungeons and Dragons?

I've recently started playing DnD, and I find it extremely fun. My group has a couple experienced players, but are mostly newbs to the game, and the DM is very patient. It's become the highlight of my week, and has really helped with my depression and social anxiety. There's something about it that just calms me down and allows me to engage in a social activity that I'm comfortable with. Do any of you guys play DnD?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've played in various campaigns (though not terribly well). I tend to enjoy the RPG elements more than the combat mechanics and have a tendency to steer campaigns away from objectives unintentionally sometimes. Still fun playing with friends and even strangers due to similar interests. Also across different campaigns it's fun having characters with different backstories and especially personalities.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I personally play Pathfinder I think it's in relationship to DnD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I just started this past summer! We switched from pathfinder to 5e for our new campaign. I never thought I’d have as much fun playing it as I am. But. Here I am. What do you play?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I just started this past summer! We switched from pathfinder to 5e for our new campaign. I never thought I’d have as much fun playing it as I am. But. Here I am. What do you play?
    I haven't played since college is it still popular?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by gogogo View Post
    I haven't played since college is it still popular?
    It's more popular now than ever with popular podcast/streams of entire campaigns! Apparently it's reached a way more broad audience and people are eating it up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I used to play v3 with my friends in the basement of our local bookstore although we used pathfinder papers to create our characters. It was...really honestly quite fun, though there were about half who were diehard fans there to play and then the other half were just there to chill and roleplay. I was sort of stuck in the middle and it went from being fun to over time a huge drama-fest. I would have zero issues playing again but I'd either want it to be full of people who are really serious and getting down into it doing appropriate calculations, moving along the map, using little figurines, etc. or full of people just there for friendship and to relax and say goofy stuff, never again a mix of both.

That being said: Half-orc barbarians ftw