22/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Multiplayer Competitions

I eventually want to get a trophy for all of the multiplayer competition games. (Kacheekers, Geos, Armada, etc.) I had a strong suspicion that with the way the rules are, someone who really wanted to could stall the game and just be a dick, though I'm not certain how that plays out in the constraints of the competition.

It's Armada. On the first day, we exchange a bunch of moves in the span of five hours. I manage to get some good captures, so I am ahead in pieces. This goes on for another day where my opponent manages to make some one-for-one trades happen, and I am still ahead. Then, my opponent suddenly stops. 24 hours pass, and I'm given the option to send a Move or Lose neomail. 20 or so hours pass, and my opponent moves. I make another move.

24 hours pass. I send another Move or Lose neomail. About 20 hours pass and a piece is moved. I make another move.

They are stalling on purpose. What happens now? Is there anything that can be done?

My opponent has a fucking massive wall of trophies. (Exactly 100 trophies, now that I count them.) and already has a bronze Armada trophy, where I have none yet. They are doing this solely out of spite and to deprive opportunity where it would not cost them anything to give it. I want to report them but nobody is going to read or do anything about it, probably.

Has anyone here had a similar experience with the multiplayer competitions recently?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    17h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That happened to me with Kacheekers once, a couple years back. It was endlessly frustrating, and I couldn't do anything about it, except forfeit and move on to the next game. Sad reality is that they're still technically playing within the rules

3. The Following User Says Thank You to godofred For This Useful Post:

robozukin (12-07-2017)