114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

VPN/Main Account Help

I currently have a few main accounts that I log onto with seperate IPs using a VPN (HMA PRO) and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge experience with swapping these mains onto a new IP without any trouble. For example, one of my main accounts is mostly legit (sold a few items for $$ but never SS/AB on this account) and I always log onto this account with the same IP even though it takes a while to get the same IP as HMA VPN randomly changes IP and doesn't allow you to choose or favorite a static IP anymore. Basically I am wondering if there is a safe way to stop using HMA VPN and to transition these mains to a new static IP/dynamic IP (either my real IP, new VPN IPs). I'd assume that I would be safe regardless of my IP if the account is mostly legit but wanted to ask if anyone has any knowledge or experience doing this type of IP swap.

Is it safe to swap this main to a new IP or will they assume someone else is logging into my account and freeze it for protection? Is it only safe to swap to a new IP in the same geographical location?

I have swapped IPs/locations quite often on random shell accounts that I don't care about and nothing has really happened to them but I didn't want to risk it with this main without clarification as it is quite valuable.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    It's safer if you change it in the same geographical location since it looks more human like, but if you want/need to do it in a different location it's safer if you wait a few days without login in the account first, and then do the change and start going daily or so but without doing anything major in the account (just dailies or browsing it's ok) until it feels organic and as if you just are traveling or moved places.

It should be ok as long as you don't go crazy and start doing many changes as soon as the IP changed, aka, changing pass/mail/info or selling/moving large amounts of stuff. If you avoid this, you will be ok. People's IPs change all the time anyway, even if you don't know it, sometimes by just unplugin and plugin your internet deco it does. So yeah, as soon as you make it all seem human like and go slowly, it's fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Hawaiian (12-07-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Yeah that's pretty much what I thought as well. Thanks for the fast response

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm hoping things work out for you! I had a few drinks the other night and FORGOT to turn off my VPN before logging into all 3 of my legit accounts. I'm hoping with the holidays and all, they won't notice but I'm nervous. You should be fine. Like Rrachel said, Ips change randomly sometimes. I think Neo is getting a tiny bit better about realizing that we actually do live in a highly mobile society and people move. I certainly can't blame you for not wanting to use a VPN with no static/favorites option. Gl!
    Last edited by Arabelle; 12-30-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Cant spell