Thread: Should I be customizing my account?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Should I be customizing my account?

So I sort of hate customization. I don't like using premade lookups and I don't want to spend the time to relearn how to make my own. So My lookup is plain, all my pets lookups are plain, the petpages are default, and my pets are all UCS so I don't really buy much NC to customize them.

I haven't done anything shady on Neo in over 10 years so I don't have any reason to believe that TNT are suspicious of me but what about other users? Anytime I post on a board it instantly dies. No one interacts with me. Could it be related to my bare look ups or do I just suck?

Should I be customizing just to protect myself, even if I am playing fully legit? (well outside having more accounts that I should, but I never really log into them anyway)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    If you're playing fully legit and there's nothing to fear, then it's ok to be plain... a lot of people just don't care about lookups or aren't good at coding, so it's not weird to have basic stuff on everything or even nothing at all, everyone plays differently in the end

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    People seem to think that if you are a long time player and have a bare lookup + pets, you may be a shell :p

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjanexo View Post
    People seem to think that if you are a long time player and have a bare lookup + pets, you may be a shell :p
    This is what I'm worried about. I have tropies for the entire time I have been playing, and avatars and themes and stuff but idk. I just can't seem to interact with anyone on the boards.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Even if you haven't done anything shady lately, people will surely thing you're a shell, mostly the PC.
    I say this as I've been a PCer longer than I've been in CK.
    It's really important to show that it's an actual account in use.

I would recommend these things:
    1. If you're not into unserlookups, at least put an image in your lookup... like a funny gif, idk, any crap like that.
    2. If you're not into customizations, at least some bgs will do since you only have UCs.

With those two steps people might not look into your account.
    Good luck & stay safe!

Honorary Grandma Freeloaders_Soceity's Avatar
    Pronouns
    Gran
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckley View Post
    So I sort of hate customization. I don't like using premade lookups and I don't want to spend the time to relearn how to make my own. So My lookup is plain, all my pets lookups are plain, the petpages are default, and my pets are all UCS so I don't really buy much NC to customize them.

I haven't done anything shady on Neo in over 10 years so I don't have any reason to believe that TNT are suspicious of me but what about other users? Anytime I post on a board it instantly dies. No one interacts with me. Could it be related to my bare look ups or do I just suck?

Should I be customizing just to protect myself, even if I am playing fully legit? (well outside having more accounts that I should, but I never really log into them anyway)
    I too have a "plain Jane" for my Main. It's 15 years old with 12 years AC history. I have NO UC's. On the other hand, I have 4 sides (also 15 to 10 years old) , all "Dressed Up" with Lookups I created myself. Each has NO shops, no games played, with lots of stamps and Avatars. Now as for Shells, lol! We won't even go there. I have so many, a lot of you have received from me, some nicely "tenured" ones for The AC. All I can say is play safe, play honest and stay off the Boards except to read them. I never interact with anyone on the boards. Mainly because I have so little in common with most of the people on them and I'm too darn old with little or NO patience for the Drama the Boards invite.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    My main used to have a nice lookup all customized with pretty graphics relating to my cute pets and stuff
    but when I went on hiatus I took it down, came back to the captchas making me feel like userlookups were pointless since who'd bother going through the hassle to look at them anyway, and now I just can't find anything that I either don't hate (or that works okay after the 5 pet change)

which is kind of funny to me since i go out of my way to make my bought accounts and stuff all nice and pretty and look like someone actually exists and my real main is like

yea ok here are my fucking pets and my fucking stats leave me alone

(ps like frfr why are all the current premades like super big into showing off customizations and like hAVING HUGE PICTURES OF PETS TAKING UP THE ENTIRE LOOKUP WITH 8 OUTFITS and just like

can i just have a simple easy to load lookup that doesnt look like i got in a fight with the ncc chat id really appreciate it)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mangle For This Useful Post:

Forever (11-25-2017),Kyle (11-25-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you everyone for the feed back! I added some stuff about my likes and dislikes to my lookup and I am going to try to find some premades that just change the font colours and maybe make my pets image on their look up larger.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Honestly, if I see someone with a super plain account I do get suspicious. Especially if I'm going to their lookup to mail them about an item on the TP. However, I've also noticed that a lot of TP based players/resellers etc don't customise their lookups and are totally legit. But as a PC'er my first instinct is to be suspicious (unfair I know, to both the player and because I've bought nps before) so you might be right.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rio For This Useful Post:

Raposa (11-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    93d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    If you are 99.99% legit you shouldn't have to worry about what your account looks like.

Is it really true that a certain number of reports make tnt ice your account?
    If that was the case wouldn't a lot of popular/hated people be frozen already?