Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sooo, is this site against 'hacking' now?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Again, its not allowed to like request hacking into actives/inactives. Getting into inactives yourself is fine. Getting into actives is frowned upon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    The only thing that is really frowned upon is getting into active accounts. The primary reason behind this is because the userbase is already small enough, so if we can keep what we have and try not to discourage anybody from continuing to play - we will. With that said, you can still try and go after actives on your own, if you're so inclined, but you can't sell/trade anything from them here. Gone are the days where you could quicksell that active worth 1bil for stupid cheap and let somebody try and secure it themselves.

You are 100% free to try and get into inactive accounts though. You can even sell what you find from those inactive accounts. I haven't checked any of the programs in the download section for quite awhile - so I'm not sure what is or isn't there; what works or doesn't work. I'm sure if you don't see something that you would like to use, one of talented programmers would be willing to work with you to make it.
    Yeah I never planned to get into actives or in-actives was just curious about the stance on in-actives. One of my favorite things to do is just hunt through old inactives to find stuff for some reason it's like a lottery type of thrill. Maybe I'll look into this somehow on my own if it's not frowned upon. Thanks for the information guys

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 7h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I feel inactives are fine if you are 99% sure they are not coming back ever. Like for example: Accounts with RW and RN pets that are just rotting shells that will purge anyway, that's fine. But don't be an idiot and post on the boards with a RN like "Kate" or something because that defeats the purpose of grandfathering and making yourself just look stupid.

Active accounts are PEOPLE PLAYING. And since the user base is dwindling and has been for ages, you don't want to mess with the little players Neopets has left. That's just wrong and immoral. So yes, if you are encouraging hacking active accounts you're just a colossal cunt-sucker. Other than that, yes, feel free to go for inactives. But we do not talk about it here.