Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the scariest situation you have ever been in?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

What is the scariest situation you have ever been in?

Time to share this one c':

In my case it was back in 2011 when I was 16 and alone at home. I remember I was studying Biology because my school had 3 tests (one for each different) subject every week so it would be Biology (what I was studying), Chemistry and another one I can't really remember.
    The house I used to live was normal, nothing big or anything. We had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, nothing that fancy, living room, kitchen and my dad's office (which was in a narrow corridor in the back of house).
    The layout of the house was weird but it was good to live there.

Okay so back to the studying part. I remember I was studying something about cells and their parts/components when I started to hear some really weird noises.
    At first I thought it could be our neighbor's cats because they like to walk around the roofs and have so fun .
    It's important to note that, aside from my grandma's house which was on the right, all the other houses were at the same level, someone could without some much trouble, go from one roof to another. The problem was, at this time, the sound didn't to be caused by chubby cat but by something heavier.
    This time I was almost sure it was something walking on two legs but couldn't confirm.
    I left my things on my dad's desk, went to the front of the house and looked at our garden through the window. It was pitch black, I couldn't seen anything.
    My mind started to play tricks on me, suddenly our mango tree's shadow turned into a creature so I did my best to no let fear and imagination take place.
    But I was starting to feel uneasy, my eyes were starting to tear up and so I rushed back into my dad's office, trying to get myself occupied with all I had to study.

I put some music on (classical because that's what helps me concentrate) and kept studying. The noises kept going for a while and it suddenly stopped.
    I turned off the music and did my best to pay attention to it. It was all silent, no cars or people on the street (I live near a beverage distributor so you can imagine how loud things can get), so I thought to myself that everything was okay when I heard this: "He's alone at home".

It was clear as water that it wasn't a cat but a person and apparently they knew I was home alone. The noises started again but this time it did seem they were in a hurry. All I had to "defend" myself was an electric racket, an orange coloured electric racket. I started to freak out and did turn off everything that was on and pretended I wasn't there (even though it was obvious).

I rushed to get my phone to call the police but they didn't pick it up. I called it again and again until someone picked up the phone. I couldn't speak properly, I was speaking really fast and all the cop told me, in the end, was that they didn't have police cars at the time in our area and they would be there at 19:30 (07:30 PM).
    I looked on my watch and it was around 18:50 (6:50 PM). Since nothing could be done at the time, I ended the call and called my grandma. I was in tears (I .. I got too emotional) and my grandma freaked out.
    She was a 70-ish 5'1 lady with brow hair who got out on the streets ready to tear someone apart. Luckily she had the phone a cop who was from the same church as her and called him.

A few minutes passed by, I got a call from my grandma saying I could come out because the cops were there so I rushed into our front gate and jumped into the street.
    According to the police there has been calls from people in our area complaining about weird noises coming from their roofs while others stated they have seen two unindentified man walking on the roofs of the houses. We don't know who they were and where they came from but after that everything's been quiet.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    I was 5 or 6 years old when it happened, I was at grandma's and it was very late, she had allowed me to sleep in my aunt's room for the night. The house isn't very big but it has a weird design with a hallway that just feels wrong, it starts in the kitchen, turns right then goes down (where there's a random bathroom only my grandma uses), then turns right again and ends in the room I was in, so unless you know the house you wouldn't even think there would be a third bedroom there, this is important for the story, sorta.
    I don't know what time it was, but I woke up thinking I heard something, I remember sitting up and hearing noises coming from the bathroom, thinking it was just my grandma I laid back down for a few minutes before I heard something that sounded like a man clearing his throat but trying not to make noise. The worst decision of my life came when I decided to leave the room to look for my grandma and saw this man's shadow walking back up the hallway going towards the kitchen, back into the room I went and hid under the bed before I heard my grandma's dog barking and a lot of yelling. She had woken up to the man trying to take the TV from INSIDE HER BEDROOM and took the chains off the dog. Toddy was a very vicious dog and only sweet around kids, she told me he completely destroyed this man's leg.

But dude, oh dude, I'll never forget the chills creeping up my spine when I saw his shadow so close to me, and whenever I remember this incident I think of what could have happened to me if I weren't sleeping in that weirdly placed bedroom that night.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    18d 21h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I remained "kidnaped" with my family for 2 hours.

And that is ONE of the reasons for me to leave Venezuela...
    Last edited by Arnie; 11-13-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Too many to name. Getting robbed at gunpoint for a bicycle and getting stabbed 14 times; seeing the aftermath of my father's suicide by shotgun; my mom being hauled off to the mental ward after a severe breakdown... Just to name a few.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Probably being groped by a YOUNG TEEN on a public vehicle. And I am a guy.

Stopped short of punching him because he was young. I called him out on it and he was so shocked he immediately alighted.

Like I always say, it doesn't matter if you're a guy or girl, sexual harassment affects everyone.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m

Now it's too late and I can't remember the time/dates and I'm all healed now. I can't ever go to the police and make him pay... I've worked with the police before with stuff like this and they just wonder why you never came forward, why it matters if you're fine, why you don't have any evidence... and the court process is traumatizing. So fuck that shit anyway.

God this post was so unnecessary but I haven't gone to therapy lately and this thread just asked for it .__.
    Last edited by Forever; 11-13-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    too much info
    Last edited by Synth Salazzle; 11-14-2017 at 08:00 PM.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Driving on the freeway and a huge huntsman spider crawls out of the aircon vent in front of my face. Promtply pulled over for a good screaming session. What's scary about these spiders is that they always travels in pairs or family groups so if you find and kill/get rid of one, you can be pretty sure there is another one lurking somewhere nearby. They also run really fast without warning so was not looking forward to having this one decide to run up my arm or something.

Thanks Australia.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy1989 View Post
    Driving on the freeway and a huge huntsman spider crawls out of the aircon vent in front of my face. Promtply pulled over for a good screaming session. What's scary about these spiders is that they always travels in pairs or family groups so if you find and kill/get rid of one, you can be pretty sure there is another one lurking somewhere nearby. They also run really fast without warning so was not looking forward to having this one decide to run up my arm or something.

Thanks Australia.
    *reads post*
    *is scared for life*
    *reads Australia*

oh, so that's fine.