Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Book/Book Series?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Your Favourite Book/Book Series?

I feel its something thats probably underrated these days as kids don't read "books" in physical form as often anymore. And ironically we don't have a Book/Literature section in the entertainment section? @(you need an account to see links) Perhaps if this drags up enough interest we might add one?

As a kid, I loved books, books were my time to escape the real world (still are actually), even with a shift to eBooks I continue reading and looking for new series' to enjoy.

I find it hard to pick a favourite, so I have to settle for these 4 as equals:
    1. Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
    2. Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan (And its subsequent sequel The Heroes of Olympus)
    3. Harry Potter (If I have to tell anyone that this is written by J.K. Rowling I'm concerned)
    4. Genius Series by Catherine Jinks

So what was/is your favourite series? Do you still read?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    In late, it's been difficult for me to sit down with a book. Time, interest, other obligations and hobbies all get in the way, and I've the tendency of going for more tried-and-true ways to spend my time rather than try something new. But if I get into a book that's interesting, I'm often hooked until I finish it.
    (And if anyone knows my habits with finishing things, I either burn through it in one go, or take an incredibly long time to get anything done!)

I think Fahrenheit 451 is still my favorite book overall.
    I was made to read it for high school, and I ended up just falling in love with the premise, commentary and descriptions: everything about it, really.

I do want to go back and re-read War of the Worlds, too: I sat down to read it when stranded at the airport once, finished it in a single sitting, and I remember having a wonderful time of it. It's just a really enjoyable example of the basic alien invasion premise as told by a bystander, and that bystander's journey through an incredibly chaotic Britain.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    92d 14h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    My favorite series of all time is the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs on which the TV show 'Bones' later got based on. Though it's funny how book Tempe and TV Temperance have almost nothing in common, it's like a whole different world.
    The second series I just started and is quickly becoming another favorite is the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon :3
    And lastly for a little more spice, the Boss Series by Abigail Barnette. It's like 50 shades but written by someone who actually has knowledge of BDSM.
    Plus it's not flat sex but there's wonderful stories and plot lines woven into it as well.

Those are definitely the 3 authors I have on notification for whenever they bring out a new book.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Oh man, I've been after some new readin' material. :0
    My favorite book, flat-out, is probably The Relic Master by Christopher Buckley. Series-wise... Do the Jurassic Park novels count? Like.. Can I just say everything by Michael Chrichton is a good series, lol? I'm also rather fond of The DaVinci Code and assorted Robert Langdon books, hehe.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    48d 17h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Harry Potter definitely. Ironically I found it a bore when I was very young, but begun to appreciate it when I grew up.
    However, Harry Potter is such a cliche answer that I usually say my favourite book is And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.
    (you need an account to see links)

Previously: meowtain
    Always seeking to buy cute pet names. ♥

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Even though it's not 'high-quality' literature, I'd say my favourite series would be the Tudor Court books by Philippa Gregory. I enjoy historical fiction, so they really interest me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Reading in English makes me tired, but I love comic books like X-Men and Batman.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    My all time favorite book would be Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk. Though I made a classic mistake of writing my senior thesis in college on it, and I haven't re-read it since. Just about anything by Palahniuk is going to be a thumbs up from me.

Close second(s) are 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, and Moloka'i Alan Brennert.

I know once I hit submit I'm going to remember 100 other books I also consider my favorites lol.

So many books to read, so little time... (and so much good TV to watch)

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    People should definitely read the Overlord series. It's a great light novel series.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    His Dark Materials was one of the first series I remember getting massively obsessed with as a child. I'd rent them from the school library and I remember when one of them had already been checked out, I nearly lost it because of how long I would have to wait to get my fix