Quote Originally Posted by Star Dream View Post
In late, it's been difficult for me to sit down with a book. Time, interest, other obligations and hobbies all get in the way, and I've the tendency of going for more tried-and-true ways to spend my time rather than try something new. But if I get into a book that's interesting, I'm often hooked until I finish it.
(And if anyone knows my habits with finishing things, I either burn through it in one go, or take an incredibly long time to get anything done!)

I think Fahrenheit 451 is still my favorite book overall.
I was made to read it for high school, and I ended up just falling in love with the premise, commentary and descriptions: everything about it, really.

I do want to go back and re-read War of the Worlds, too: I sat down to read it when stranded at the airport once, finished it in a single sitting, and I remember having a wonderful time of it. It's just a really enjoyable example of the basic alien invasion premise as told by a bystander, and that bystander's journey through an incredibly chaotic Britain.
I love Fahrenheit 451! I saw this the other day and thought this was so cool (you need an account to see links)

My favorite book has to be Catch-22. "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."