28/0
    Mentioned
    158 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Harvey Weinstein & The Culture of Hollywood

What do you guys think about all the accusations that have come up regarding Harvey Weinstein and other big players in Hollywood? Obviously it's important that people should step-up or have courage to stand up to their accusers, but people like Ben Affleck and others who 'knew' about it and then didn't do anything to stop it. Do you agree that it could have been prevented?

Honestly, I feel bad for the women that have come forward as it's a very scary thing being in that type of situation of harassment and entrapment.

Do you believe more people will come forward with other big players? There were talks that Rose McGowan said in regards to a few other people that I can't remember their names.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    From what I've heard from my friend, this type of stuff has been around Hollywood forever. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people started coming forward. My only hope is that people learn from this story. It'll be hard to dismantle something that's been in place for a long time, but hopefully it happens.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    The "casting couch" notion isn't new. It's always going to be difficult to prevent situations where those in power have attraction to those who don't; how can that attraction be expressed in a way that does not come across as predatory or as an implied threat. Let's be honest, it's pretty damn likely that most of the people acting so shocked and outraged already knew.

Affleck's brother is in a similar situation, so he's already proven to not have the safety and best interests of women as a priority.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    41d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I think the culture of Hollywood has been known for a long time as well but that maybe the extent has been somewhat hidden or unknown. It's crazy but understandable that some of these people are willing to be degraded and abused in order to pursue their dreams of being actors or potentially famous. I hope that more people get exposed but it's such a low chance as these are some corrupt and powerful people who can not only ruin careers but extort and murder.