172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m

South Park: Fractured But Whole

So I have been playing this game for the past couple of days and just beat it. This includes all side quests as well. My reaction? It was lacking in any of that really transgressive humour that the other game had. Yes, it made the other game controversial, and parts censored (I'm looking at you, Aus Government), but I just kept waiting for something to shock me with this one and it never came. Dare I say, I was bored? No probes. No adventures in Mr Slave's ass. No boss fight under your parents having sex. Just meh.

If you're considering buying it at full price and are hoping for boundry-pushing South Park style, this one's a pass. Not a bad game in general, but it just didn't have the same enjoyment for me as the last one.

I had hopes for the high level of character customisation. You can choose your gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity, religion, etc. I was under the impression that these would come into play- not for anything important, but that people would have dialogue in response to your choices. Not really. The fact that I was a chaotic pansexual gender fluid Pacific Islander Slovakian Orthodox Jew was just info filling out my hero's character sheet, and nothing more.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    So it's no Southpark 64 eh?