Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do plot prizes, such as release of Ylanas Blaster, ruin the Neo-Economy?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Do plot prizes, such as release of Ylanas Blaster, ruin the Neo-Economy?

Do large quantities of mid-level items (13 iconers like Ylanas Blaster) released from plots ruin the neo-economy?

I remember like 10 years ago back when I played, a 13 icon weapon like Wand Of Reality was fairly mid-level and cost around 3.2-3.5m NP. Now it seems like 13 icons is nothing and everyone has one.

What would be a mid-range weapon these days for the average person?

Instead of releasing battle weapons as prizes with each plot, what are some other rewards players can earn through participation.

Personally, I think releasing a handful (25-50) of mid-to-high-level weapons should be OK for the top players and won't ruin the battle system or the economy... But you worked hard in the plot and finished, say 51st, what kind of prizes do you think would be FAIR?

Can some people post their thoughts on this?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Waaaaay back, those NQ prizes were the center of a lot of peoples sets. They were tedious to get because it was before auto-players ruled. They didn't break the battledome though at all because there were enough blockers to counter them (including burrow and sink).

The battledome is broken now for two main reasons:
    1) The addition of anagram swords pretty made like 85% (pulling this number from my own opinions) of battledome weapons obsolete in their single release. They were too cheap, and too powerful. Hardly anything could counter them, and it broke the normal leagues of league/boost battling.
    2) TNT changed the battledome and the abilities completed changed things. Some items didn't work properly, some abilities were too strong and negated weapons completely, and some abilities were equal to a sparkler + wooden shield combo.
    Last edited by Bettser; 10-19-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Thanks for the input. I'm talking more from the economy point of view though.

Let's say 10 years ago 13 icons (Wand of Reality) was fairly mid-level with the upgrade being SOS or PCC.

I don't remember exactly, but lets say:
    -WoR was 3.5m NP
    -SOS was 10.8m NP
    -PCC was 15.5m NP

Now we release 1,000 Ylanas Blasters into the economy (just for participating in the plot and doing decent, therefore these items are practically free). I also noticed this new item called Hanso Charisma Charm is extremely OP for it's price. I'm not sure where it came from, but it looks OP to me.

So now, these new items (strong mid-level, similar to WoR) are released and brings down the price of WoR to lets say 1-1.5m NP... But SOS/PCC prices stay the same. I think that just makes a bigger gap between the two ranges?

There is also the fact that 17-25 icons STILL seems to be considered the higher-end of mid-range battle items (before upgrading to GoW/AP/G-Sword) I don't really know which items are popular now... But I think there is too much of a gap between 17-25 icons SOS/PCC and the next level. I may be wrong though.

What else could you offer players that finish strong in plot and spend time to participate?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    57d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    They have been offering a decent range of things already really, between collectable stuff, wearables, books, and then all the other not so useful stuff. People were complaining they wanted more weapons too and tnt actually delivered lol We have a fair amount of cheap options now but they are mostly only good for 1p. Maybe more little nc freebies like how they give away dye pots in the ac prize shop. I think DD also does stat boosts for prizes, but those are optional if you don't want stats. I dunno what if they did something like gave you an option of faerie blessings and you pick the one that's best for you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    The main issue is the plot prizes are too easy to get. You can half ass things and usually get the top tier prizes. If they made the top prizes stronger and the lower prizes weak, all way making the plot more difficult, then things would be good. There would be scarcity of good plot prizes rather than a flooding of them. It would be interesting to get prizes like that for once rather than being able to simply click through and got the top stuff every time.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I kinda speculate if this plot will have prizes similar to retired HT or high end cove items, with how much new tnt has been pushing power level. Like imagine if theres a normal attack pea but it does dark rather than earth or a dark Ghostkersword//SOWL but they actually made it really difficult to get them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarada For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Personally I like the addition of the anagrams and such. Before everyone had dual pcc, or sos + pcc as their constants, and a few other just common items. The issue was the only viable upgrades were 10-30x's as much as those HT weapons. Which allowed the like .1% of players only having a competition within that .1%. When they released the anagrams, it became a lot harder to predict what your opponent was going to use. Even if someone was using suap x2 (or something along those lines), if they didn't have a shield to cover whatever anagrams their opponent had it turned into a pretty good battle. With the addition of the other 13 iconers and such, it lowered the price of the rest of the mid-range market so users who were saving for something could now buy a somewhat competitive set without spending everything they had. I do think too many were released, but it gave newer players an incentive to trying competitive BDing.

Where it all went wrong was with the BD update (at least I think). I used to run through kids with a lab rat and dual GCs. Stealers stopped working so that frees up an extra slot/chance of breaking your opponents set. The faerie abilities are either great or complete shit (when they work). They didn't add any option to increase/reduce attack/defense power (remember berserk, fierce, cautious, defend?) so now everyone's weapons will do the exact same damage assuming every icon hits. This killed a lot of the strategy that was involved in BDing. Add in there's no competition with 1 player, and no HS table, so there's no need to battle past your 15 items a day (which to me is the only positive in the new BD).

I would love to see some exclusive high-end plot related bd items only given to those who did the most. The only issue with that is we all just use programs for everything now so it won't matter how much you try to do legitly, someone else is just going to be running bots on shells 24/7 hoping they don't get frozen in the end (and knowing tnt a few will make it). If there was still HP increase, this would negate all of this. Every pet would eventually not be able to win every time thus you would have to start battling without a bot to increase your wins, and your pet's stats would begin to matter. Alas that won't happen though, and they'll probably put limits on how many wins you can get per day so we'll all be stuck with basically the same scores as always.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Infiniti For This Useful Post:

Squingo (10-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    RE: Squingo -> I just checked out Fan of Swords on jelly items, that weapon looks dope (icon-wise).

RE: Infinity -> You have some good points there. I can't believe they got rid of the HP increase in the battledome. It seems like getting rid of HP increase was the "easiest" solution for them to allow people who were maxed out on their opponents to keep battling without needing Neo to release new plots/challengers.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Problem is there's no direct cash incentives for TNT to care about the BD unfortunately

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wubbalubbadubdub For This Useful Post:

donuts210 (10-20-2017),Efron (10-24-2017),GreK (10-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 14h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by wubbalubbadubdub View Post
    Problem is there's no direct cash incentives for TNT to care about the BD unfortunately
    this x 10