DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I also think common sense laws should be implemented. I don't have any issue with raising the age to buy rifles and shotguns to 21
    Curious. What about enhanced background checks as a new method of strict screening? To say implement a "if you have had a criminal conviction or brought up on charges of (blank) you cannot be owning/possess/buy a gun and we will be flagging anyone currently owning a weapon with this new screening method". Say someone with a history of drug use...a non-law abider, cannot own or buy themselves a weapon anymore. Therefore only the good citizens of society can be holding weapons. The same people that would technically never hurt a fly. Is that something you, as a gun fan, can get behind?
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 02-26-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    One of the arguments I see all the time is that "criminals are criminals, and they'll find a way to get guns no matter what". That's true to an extent of course. People in organized crime and such will obviously always be able to get access to guns, but those also aren't usually the people shooting up schools and churches and movie theaters a lot of the time. It seems like most of the time it's just some crazy person on their own who isn't going to have those connections to easily obtain illegal guns.

American's can root for guns all they want, but this shit isn't happening in any other first world country.

Selling everything - PM me what you're looking for!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghosts For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    @(you need an account to see links) imagine since the second war, after Australia had all the wogs and the lebos come that they've been able to own and carry weapons.
    The street gangs we have are a joke but imagine they all had weapons since the 50s. Imagine what they could have accomplished with that weight.
    The viets in the 80s that were selling massive amounts of coke stockpiled weapons for days and every bogan from Adelaide to Murrumbidgee had a shotgun to defend his land.
    Now imagine Australia had no centrelink. Imagine Australias population is 300million not 25million.
    Imagine you actually have to work for every dollar, minimum wage is $8 and good luck to you.
    Imagine we had no border security. Imagine people from PNG, Singapore, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Fiji, even those Sheepshaggers next door were getting in and out however you please.
    They all had access to guns. Im not saying they would all own one but if they wanted to get one, they could.

That's how it is here.
    Now you fucking tell me, are you gonna give up yours before they do?

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Misha (02-27-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Curious. What about enhanced background checks as a new method of strict screening? To say implement a "if you have had a criminal conviction or brought up on charges of (blank) you cannot be owning/possess/buy a gun and we will be flagging anyone currently owning a weapon with this new screening method". Say someone with a history of drug use...a non-law abider, cannot own or buy themselves a weapon anymore. Therefore only the good citizens of society can be holding weapons. The same people that would technically never hurt a fly. Is that something you, as a gun fan, can get behind?
    That is already in place. Even in states where marijuana has been legalized on a state level for recreational use, citizens who have been charged with possession of the substance prior to legalization are federally prohibited from owning firearms. I think there could be more strict screening, provided that the laws are actually being enforced. I don't think private sales without an FFL license should be allowed anymore. There's definitely common sense laws that could be implemented if carried out vigorously, but also an all out ban would turn our nation into Honduras.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    TL DR

Statistics

That is all. Take it how you will but look some up.

Oh boy, grave digging. Sorry about that!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 17h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I live in Brazil, where the disarmament statute is in force, but it is easier to get a firearm here than anything else. Children are armed, while the good citizen who wants to defend himself has to follow the law. Prohibiting guns is not the way.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AGA1N For This Useful Post:

Menine (11-18-2018),Misha (05-05-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I live in California and went to Las Vegas for an event about a week or two after the shooting. Although shootings seem to be happening more and more around here lately, I don't think making all guns illegal will solve the issue. Alcohol was illegal before and everyone still drank. Marijuana used to be illegal and everyone still smoked. People will get guns regardless. To me, they get guns out of fear. Nothing could happen at all, but they all hear about the mass shootings or police officer brutality and it just sets people off. Different states have different laws pertaining to different types of firearms and I believe that helps to some extent.

How I'd resolve the issue is not by taking away someone's right to bear arms, but to enforce more safety precautions. After all, those with a driver's license need to take tests every few years concerning the safety of the road and those around them because they can easily hurt someone. I just think the same should be done with firearms all over. Safety classes and tests required every maybe 6 months and limit the amount of firearms one can have per person and per household. There's different ways to go about this.

I may sound bias since I've just gotten out of the US military and would have 1-2 firearms on me at a time. It's not the gun's fault.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jrdizzle For This Useful Post:

Misha (06-15-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Worth watching tbh.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to neofreak For This Useful Post:

Misha (06-15-2018)

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    If you ban guns do you think that will stop people from killing? No, it only means they will find another way to kill. The way the media is coming down on guns you would imagine people were shooting them all the time...I dont care for guns, its not my thing. but i have friends who really enjoy their guns. They are responsible with them and go to the gun range as a hobby.. If people were shooting up places you would imagine they would shoot up all gun ranges they go to..just a shoot fest!

fact is if people want to kill they will.. The people who are shooting up places never just walked around with a gun threatening people. They were pushed to that point and got a gun. Killing people isnt a simple matter you wake up one morning and decide to do. School shootings happen when someone gets bullied to the point they want these people to die. If guns were banned they would kill in a different way. i guarantee it

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophilia.FUN View Post
    If you ban guns do you think that will stop people from killing? No, it only means they will find another way to kill. The way the media is coming down on guns you would imagine people were shooting them all the time...I dont care for guns, its not my thing. but i have friends who really enjoy their guns. They are responsible with them and go to the gun range as a hobby.. If people were shooting up places you would imagine they would shoot up all gun ranges they go to..just a shoot fest!

fact is if people want to kill they will.. The people who are shooting up places never just walked around with a gun threatening people. They were pushed to that point and got a gun. Killing people isnt a simple matter you wake up one morning and decide to do. School shootings happen when someone gets bullied to the point they want these people to die. If guns were banned they would kill in a different way. i guarantee it
    Regarding your point on school shootings, I have to disagree. I think that if young people didn't have access to guns, there would definitely be a lower rate of mass/multiple murders in school settings. I work in a high school and cannot think of another way that teenagers could have as effective of an outcome (if you want to think about it that way) with other methods as they would with a firearm. This is predominantly because of range; it's harder to subdue a student who is able to attack from a distance.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post: