DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 1h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I agree with most people here, nobody seriously needs a automatic weapon let alone 30. I know some people see them differently and collect them, I know the likes of that Bilzerian fella whatever his name is has a quite a few. He's always shooting melons and shit with some tits behind next to him.

But how do you differentiate the collector from the psycho, and what's to stop the collector becoming the psycho ...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    I agree with most people here, nobody seriously needs a automatic weapon let alone 30. I know some people see them differently and collect them, I know the likes of that Bilzerian fella whatever his name is has a quite a few. He's always shooting melons and shit with some tits behind next to him.

But how do you differentiate the collector from the psycho, and what's to stop the collector becoming the psycho ...
    That's where the background check/recertification for a license should come in!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    It's funny, really.

My weapons have never shot anyone. They're locked in a safe. Between me and my father, we have about 50 rifles, handguns, and misc items that shoot deadly projectiles in some form or another. Amazingly, both of us had background checks and safety courses. And once again for the people in the back, they've never killed anyone.
    Bad people do bad things.

Did you know that gun control is the strictest in Detroit? I'll give you a few minutes to look up gun deaths in that democratically-slammed pit of hell. Go ahead. Look it up.

Also, for my peeps here who have next to zero knowledge of weaponry-

Automatic weapons are illegal

Under the landmark National Firearms Act of 1934, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, it is generally illegal for civilians to own these weapons.

You must be a dealer, or a collector with a literal ass-ton of paperwork, and redtape, and money to get one.

If someone is murdering people with an "automatic" weapon, I can assure you, they have acquired this illegally. There is already a law in place to ban this weapon.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Absinthe (02-24-2018),I_royalty_I (10-06-2017),Misha (10-06-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    It's funny, really.

My weapons have never shot anyone. They're locked in a safe. Between me and my father, we have about 50 rifles, handguns, and misc items that shoot deadly projectiles in some form or another. Amazingly, both of us had background checks and safety courses. And once again for the people in the back, they've never killed anyone.
    Bad people do bad things.

Did you know that gun control is the strictest in Detroit? I'll give you a few minutes to look up gun deaths in that democratically-slammed pit of hell. Go ahead. Look it up.

Also, for my peeps here who have next to zero knowledge of weaponry-

Automatic weapons are illegal

Under the landmark National Firearms Act of 1934, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, it is generally illegal for civilians to own these weapons.

You must be a dealer, or a collector with a literal ass-ton of paperwork, and redtape, and money to get one.

If someone is murdering people with an "automatic" weapon, I can assure you, they have acquired this illegally. There is already a law in place to ban this weapon.
    100% agreed. I carry daily. I have multiple firearms. I saw a great post about the whole debate on Facebook and 65% of gun related deaths in America are because of suicide. Banning anything will not stop suicide. The next largest percentage of deaths was by police officers.

I'll let people look up the rest of the stats if they want. Point blank, period, gun control doesn't work in America. It never will. It's far too late for that.

I'm not a Republican either, I think marijuana should be legal, I think gay marriage is perfectly acceptable. I am not a part if the LGBTQ community but I will never judge another person for their race, religion, or sexual orientation.

I suppose I'm just biased because I grew up around firearms. I did gun safety training when I was 14 (14 years ago), I've been hunting deer since, I work on a pig farm for a living. I'm your typical "redneck" other than my liberal views.

My dad committed suicide in the same fashion as Kurt Cobain in 2010. Didn't hinder my views on firearms in the slightest.

I'm not even going to start with my views on the Vegas event, I'd be typing for hours and at the end people would suggest I get a tinfoil hat.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Drizzy (10-06-2017),I_royalty_I (10-06-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    The most surprising thing is just how little oversight there is for people buying guns. Canada and Iceland for example also let people buy guns but there you have to get a license which in Canada I know involves a 2 day course and a background check. In iceland they even have environmental courses which they have to take before they get a gun.

(you need an account to see links)
    I watched a video about the background check in Canada. Supposedly if your religion says you must cover your face you not required by Canadian law to have to show your face for the photo ID when acquiring a gun. Again I don't know how "accurate" this information is, so take it with a grain of salt. But if that's true that is terrifying.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    America is too far gone to have any semblance of gun control
    Any shady character will be able to get one or a FUCK tonne if they wanted
    A lot of people, liberals included, would probably still oppose any changes to gun ownership because ultimately it's an American right
    I used to be pretty Aussie in my thinking but I've also seen how life can be here.
    The population is far too large, gun ownership is pretty high and gun distribution too vast
    In the short term, all that will be achieved is that honest hard working civilians will be disarmed
    Leaving guns in the hands of the underbelly of society (who would stockpile for days and weeks and months) and the second largest killer of people (who already have ammunition for months and years) as old mate Misha pointed out
    Any changes implemented will manifest themselves in the long run but that's the thing - even if guns were made illegal EVENTUALLY - so many would still be sold under the table that it would still put regular people at a disadvantage

But this is what I know
    Having a gun doesn't make me feel any safer
    And I'm being honest (I have a Glock 9), I don't feel safer with it
    I just feel a little more in control with it.
    And the only way I'll give up my gun is if EVERYONE from Boston to Compton has theirs confiscated
    Cos i'll be damned if I have a run-in, have a gun pointed at my head and I can't do shit about it

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Misha (10-06-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern View Post
    I watched a video about the background check in Canada. Supposedly if your religion says you must cover your face you not required by Canadian law to have to show your face for the photo ID when acquiring a gun. Again I don't know how "accurate" this information is, so take it with a grain of salt. But if that's true that is terrifying.
    Hmm I know that people are allowed to wear turbans for religious reasons on government ID, but I think full face cover is not allowed. On the website for gun license I don't even see religious exceptions as an option! I'd be interested to watch that video if you have a link

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
    America is too far gone to have any semblance of gun control
    Any shady character will be able to get one or a FUCK tonne if they wanted
    A lot of people, liberals included, would probably still oppose any changes to gun ownership because ultimately it's an American right
    I used to be pretty Aussie in my thinking but I've also seen how life can be here.
    The population is far too large, gun ownership is pretty high and gun distribution too vast
    In the short term, all that will be achieved is that honest hard working civilians will be disarmed
    Leaving guns in the hands of the underbelly of society (who would stockpile for days and weeks and months) and the second largest killer of people (who already have ammunition for months and years) as old mate Misha pointed out
    Any changes implemented will manifest themselves in the long run but that's the thing - even if guns were made illegal EVENTUALLY - so many would still be sold under the table that it would still put regular people at a disadvantage

But this is what I know
    Having a gun doesn't make me feel any safer
    And I'm being honest (I have a Glock 9), I don't feel safer with it
    I just feel a little more in control with it.
    And the only way I'll give up my gun is if EVERYONE from Boston to Compton has theirs confiscated
    Cos i'll be damned if I have a run-in, have a gun pointed at my head and I can't do shit about it
    I always find it interesting to hear the opinions of people who have lived in multiple countries. So many people are quick to jump to conclusions because “that’s not how we do it here” - but they don’t know the whole truth.

It could be argued that you do feel safer as a gun owner because that control allows you peace of mind to defend yourself if you should ever need to. Not saying everybody should walk around with a gun to feel safe, but the option is there and you can do it.

Personally, I don’t like relying on other people to do something for me... especially if those people are the government. I’d prefer to at least have the option to defend myself if need be.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Drizzy (10-06-2017),Misha (10-06-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    Hmm I know that people are allowed to wear turbans for religious reasons on government ID, but I think full face cover is not allowed. On the website for gun license I don't even see religious exceptions as an option! I'd be interested to watch that video if you have a link
    I might of got some of the information wrong, I haven't watched the video since it was released. It seems to have something to do with renewing your license or being exempt from having to have photo ID, I'm not that familiar with how the whole process works in order to get a gun. Here it is regardless if it's accurate or not:

I'm not subscribed to Rebel anymore or certain news outlets because I don't want to become extremely biased or locked in some echo chamber. But they have done some interesting investigating about these sort of things or the lack of border control etc.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Since the formation of America in 1774, and the introduction of the first 10 amendments of the Bill of Rights in 1789 there hasn't been one time where a human right given by the constitution has been taken away completely.
    There's been times where amendments have been amended or changed (Amendment 15 is an example of an amended right if I remember correctly), but not once have any rights ever been completely revoked.
    That, and SCOTUS would NEVER allow for the second amendment to be removed.

At the very most, the second amendment will be changed like many others before.
    But supported with historical evidence, it will never be removed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Misha (10-06-2017)