Thread: So a coworker of mine is getting some surgery next week..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

So a coworker of mine is getting some surgery next week..

It is her first surgery that she will be put under for, and it is in her uterus to remove a polyp and they are scraping her uterine lining out.
    I work with her and 3 other people and she is one of my favorite coworkers ever, and I wanted to do something for her like getting her some flowers and a card. Flower deliveries are expensive as fuck and a bitch broke lol. ANYWAYS. I wanted to put together a small little bouquet of flowers for her! I don't know her favorite kind, but I would assume she would be happy with any. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I should do it?! Like what flowers to use, colors, vase, etc!
    I would bring it to her at work the day before her surgery because I won't see her again until she comes back to work.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    azaleas and white carnations... i dont know much about flower ARRANGEMENT but i remember that azaleas are for good health, saying "take care", also a sign of womanhood- might be a bit backhanded though, in that circumstance.... its all down to how shed take that one. carnations, white ones specifically, are for good luck... that might be a good little combo for someone post-surgery. i THINK iris flowers also work as an admiration/hope/good friend thing? so if youre goin for a wee white/red/purple-blue bouquet that might be pretty nice, and hold some meaning and good wishes.

i havent looked into flower language for a loooong time but these are ones i gave to my sister when she was going through her chemo and she made a full recovery and enjoyed them, so... worth a shot?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

people (10-03-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Just did some research on flower types that might be fitting for a positive outcome and luck:

Chrysanthemum symbolizes fidelity, optimism, joy and long life.
    Daffodil symbolizes regard and chivalry. It is indicative of rebirth, new beginnings and eternal life.
    Blue Iris symbolizes faith and hope.
    Statice is symbolic of remembrance. It also symbolizes sympathy and success.
    Sunflower signifies pure thoughts.
    Yellow Roses are a symbol of friendship and caring.

I'm sure any type of flower would be a thoughtful gesture no matter the kind ! You can probably get some kind of simple vase at the dollar store/walmart etc! The main focus is the flowers ofc, so a clear glass container would be more than enough. If you feel like spicing up the vase you could tie a thick ribbon/bow around it. Best of luck ^.^!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I think using some flowers from a craft store too would be wonderful, that way she can enjoy the flowers year round! I think yellow and white roses (for the fake flower side) would look lovely. You can get vases there too, as well as some ribbon for a bow and some stones you can put in the bottom of the vase to make it pretty. I can post some pics of what I create too if you want some inspiration.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Thank you so much you guys! I will for sure let you all know what I decide to do