DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Damn, that is insane. I agree with the sentiments expressed by most of you guys too... it’s not good that we are becoming numb to stories like this. It shouldn’t be a normal thing to read an article like that and go.. oh, another one?

Its easy to say, stop praying and do something about it, but what can you really do?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Edit... holy shit, just read updated article... 58 dead, 515 injured. Just.. wow..
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree it's easy to say, There is not much we can do but the president and vp can call for a change, it's not just a gun problem there are so many things that go into it as well so it's not easy. I'm not asking for a one and done fix.

But yes becoming numb to these types of headlines is something I see with people I talk to who bring it up and then brush it aside, we have to be aware but not completely ignore things going on. We can really do something if we educate others and our children if we have any.

Lana Del Rey

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    There will always be evil people out there though. I hate how the news is already touting their gun control agenda not even 12 hours after this happened. No shame I guess.
    This guy apparently had no warning signs or behavioral indicators which makes it very curious. It’s horrible. I feel so bad for everyone. I like how the guy from Sirius who was there said that we need to come together as a community, as a family, and do what we can to help each other.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I read about this when I woke up... oof. Over 500 injured is difficult to imagine, let alone the death toll. The footage people recorded of the event is horribly surreal, too...

If anything, it's obvious security at large-scale venues like this requires some adjustments, especially since this isn't the only deadly attack at a concert venue this year. This one appears to have been out in the open as opposed to the Manchester Arena bombing though. Maybe start keeping crowded venues indoors and under tighter security.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    6h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Good lord....
    A family friend of ours was staying in the hotel the shooter was in, when it went into lockdown. I can't imagine being near something like that, let alone being at the concert as a target. I bet it'd really screw up your sense of safety to live through that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    And yet no one is willing to change gun laws.