55/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Lumbar fusion?

Anyone here ever undergo a spinal fusion surgery? The military has destroyed my back and last week I had a L4-S1 lumbar fusion. The pain post operation is insane. I can barely even move. :/

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Not the same, but I fractured two of my lower lumbar vertebrae back in 2001. It really made labour worse. I can definitely empathise with unbearable back pain. I hope you can feel better soon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Demise View Post
    Anyone here ever undergo a spinal fusion surgery? The military has destroyed my back and last week I had a L4-S1 lumbar fusion. The pain post operation is insane. I can barely even move. :/
    No I haven't and I really feel for you.

If you can, try to find out if there is alternate ways to have pain relief besides opiates. Most of the people in the U.S. didn't become heroine and meth junkies because they wanted to try it out or someone forced it. It happened because the docs kept them too long on prescription opiate pain killers. The body starts depending on them and the brain will stop producing what it needs to because the opiate provides the chemical instead.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    No I haven't and I really feel for you.

If you can, try to find out if there is alternate ways to have pain relief besides opiates. Most of the people in the U.S. didn't become heroine and meth junkies because they wanted to try it out or someone forced it. It happened because the docs kept them too long on prescription opiate pain killers. The body starts depending on them and the brain will stop producing what it needs to because the opiate provides the chemical instead.

I agree bro. I plan on kicking them as soon as I can, but I'm not even a week post-op yet. I haven't been able to sleep since after the surgery. I can be in the most comfortable position you can imagine and still continue to get muscle spasms, making it feel like I'm getting kicked. :/