Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Any thoughts on this trend of super expensive phones?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    It does seem weird that no uni kids have them, maybe they're bigger here in Aus than over in the states? They're basically rip off iphones or galaxies for like half the price lol.
    They�re not big where I live as well- which is why I never knew about them until my friend got one. The camera is SO good though, my iphone just lags for no reason when I have about 50 photos and only 2 pages of apps (including the preset ones lol)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryzs View Post
    They’re not big where I live as well- which is why I never knew about them until my friend got one. The camera is SO good though, my iphone just lags for no reason when I have about 50 photos and only 2 pages of apps (including the preset ones lol)
    It's interesting your iphone lags like that, I've got a 7 plus and never had any lag that I can remember...maybe they messed up with the iphone x's lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    i can't not have an iphone. i wish i could get into android, but i got an expensive one and it was shit and looked ugly. even customizing it, it just didn't feel right in my hands. i have no idea why the fuck a phone has to be $2000 though. they become obsolete within a few years.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 5h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I'll be first to admit I like having the newest, shiniest things and I put in an order for the XS Max last week. I'm hoping for the matching Watch for Christmas too. I do agree that the prices are just crazy, but this year I've put down an upfront payment which has brought down my monthly fee by about �20. It seems to be the only way to do it now. I used to never put money down so the handset was free but they're just too much now.

Unpopular opinion though is the gold colour is actually disgusting. I don't know how but on YouTube it looks a lot nicer when people are showing them off, whereas when you see it in person it's just gross.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    The good thing about a vacant, overpriced market is it gives incentive for profiteers to create superior products for cheaper prices on the consumer end. I wouldn't be surprised if we see phones with the computational power of the iPhone X being sold unlocked with open-source OS, no OS-baked programs for $100 in supermarkets in the next 10 years. It's only a matter of time before the plebeianization of high-end mobiles occurs, and it will be brilliant.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    17h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    But lately the phones have been getting more and more expensive without any real technological advancement!
    It's like paying more buying the same phone!

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I currently have the iPhone 5 and I think it's time for an upgrade. Got it when it first came out and it served me well. changed the battery twice and that's about it. And this isn't the 5s or SE. It's the really freakin' old 5. And still in pristine condition but slow as heck.

I recently acquired an old beat up 6s that I'm going to try and restore. I ordered the back casing and battery for it. I think it *might* have logic board damage but the parts didn't cost much so I figure if it can't be fixed I won't be at too much of a loss.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    17d 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I personally don't like it.

I wish Apple would allow you to customize your specs. Like "build your own iPhone." I'd want everything except the latest camera...
    Or sometimes I want even the most basic. Something that includes, phone (for calls obviously), messaging (iMessage is amazing), internet (one app like safari or chrome), a decent but not crummy camera, maps, and maybe just a music app like spotify/iTunes.

I don't need very much. I can access most things through browsers, but for stuff like my calendar... I'm pretty old school and would rather have it in print...
    I truly miss the glory days of flip and swivel phones. The iPhone had a wow factor and latest edge to phones, but it's pretty lackluster now imo...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 8h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly, It always gets to the point that we have to keep upgrading and upgrading our phones due to the demand of certain apps and UIs though iPhone did admitted to be slowing down phones.
    I think you can buy one good smartphone and it's all good for the next 3-5 years it's a well spent investment.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I used to be the "lmao Apple sucks, who would ever buy those overprices pieces of crap?" type.
    Kind of still am.
    But since I got one for free 3 years ago (6S) it's been the best phone I've ever had, so I'm a bit reclutant to keep the mindset.