Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any thoughts on this trend of super expensive phones?

United States
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    4 h 2 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    All types of technology have premium options for those who have the cash, so phones are no different.

There's great affordable phones coming out all the time but you can't really push boundaries at those price points so they don't get as much coverage. Like, my mom's got some LG phone that's from this year (or last? can't remember) that was significantly less expensive than mine and the actual technological differences between them would not matter much to a normal person. But compared to the coverage Google, Apple, and Samsung got this year?? I can't recall seeing much about it.
    People are just so caught up in the advertising that they don't stop and think "maybe I should go for a cheaper phone, or hold onto my old one longer, instead of going for one of the best & most expensive on the market". The market isn't being flooded by super expensive phones--it's that nobody brings up the cheaper options put out by less sexy brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Demri View Post
    Do people really pay full price for them?
    I'll admit I bought my Samsung Galaxy S8 outright when the price had only dropped about $15 lol (it's dropped about $100 at this point I think?) I don't know how common that is though.

Andrew

Behind you.
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 Times in 2,976 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1780 Post(s)
    Time Online
    332 d 5 h 49 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 21 m
    I like getting new things, but usually have to save up or make cuts to the budget for a week or two. I had my iphone 6 for awhile and I definitely got my moneys worth there. Recently purchased an iPhone 8, 256gigs, outright. Time for an upgrade for sure. I plan on turning my old phone into a business phone, maybe writing that off. Then maybe trading my iphone 8 in for an iphone x next year if I hear good things... and just to try something new. I'm not completely sold on it right now though.

Daten City
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Time Online
    34 d 17 h 3 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 36 m
    I was using the Galaxy S3 (bought it the day it came out) till about a month or so ago when it finally died. Now I have an S7 that I got from Amazon Warehouse Deals for about 300 bucks hehe.

Oh and I was all, wtf? I need a key to take out the sim card?!?!

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    13 h 23 m
    Avg. Time Online
    24 m
    I've been holding on to my iphone 5 for years now and i think i'm finally going to upgrade

I really don't mind spending money on something i'll be using every single day considering everything else I waste money on lol

Earth
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 h 34 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    In my opinion, iPhone used to be a perfect smartphone in those days, but recently? They keep adding unnecessary functions and hardwares, and use that as reasons to increase the price until it doesn't worth that price anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12