Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody a business major? Familiar with LLCs, etc?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 19h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    I think I spent a good three weeks trying to come up with a name.
    Eventually settled on one, and now I'm just reading it off in my head and going "ew".

The name by far is the worst part. S:
    I read a few articles and one suggested doing the bar test. An informal test where youd yell the name of your company in a bar. If it’s in any way able to be misconstrued, a new name might be necessary. I’m also thinking about how it would look on business cards or when said out loud to people. It’s such a struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by looklook123123 View Post
    Junior_sniper LLC. Dude, I told you NOT to name it that.

Andrew, I may be able to help with generic questions as I don't deal much with LLC in practice currently. I may have some basic answers but it might not be anything you don't already know.
    I appreciate it. I’m still sort of in the middle of all my research right now. I know before you mentioned you didn’t work much with LLCs but I’m sure some of the question I have could relate across the board. I’ve got notes written up on things I know and what I need to know. I’ll hit you up if there are a few gaps to get a second opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_jean_man View Post
    My accountant helped me open up my LLC ~2 years ago. Little bit more expensive than doing it on my own I'm sure, but I felt more comfortable having someone knowledgeable handling what needed to be done.
    My dad offered to introduce me to the accountant the family uses but I feel like that would be a bit more than I’d want to spend right now. This is mostly just a trial run to see if I can manage everything. I wanted to do it the right way though. How’s things go for you?
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

looklook123123 (09-25-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    My dad offered to introduce me to the accountant the family uses but I feel like that would be a bit more than I’d want to spend right now. This is mostly just a trial run to see if I can manage everything. I wanted to do it the right way though. How’s things go for you?
    Pretty well. My accountant is our family one as well. Their company has helped me tremendously in answering various questions I have as well as the best tax strategies. If I were you, I would ask your family's accountant and see if he could give you a ballpark figure on how much they would charge to help you get it going. At least in my experience, he's been a ton cheaper than our lawyer (who happens to be our accountants son..who also charged me when he called to tell me he was outside my house to pick up paperwork :/) so it could be the same for you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 19h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_jean_man View Post
    Pretty well. My accountant is our family one as well. Their company has helped me tremendously in answering various questions I have as well as the best tax strategies. If I were you, I would ask your family's accountant and see if he could give you a ballpark figure on how much they would charge to help you get it going. At least in my experience, he's been a ton cheaper than our lawyer (who happens to be our accountants son..who also charged me when he called to tell me he was outside my house to pick up paperwork :/) so it could be the same for you.
    Oh yeah, they charge for literally ANYTHING. It's kinda of ridiculous, but at the same time.. I guess I understand. I think if I actually end up doing well with my plans, I will seek some professional advice. As of right now, starting something through legalzoom or another simple solution might be the easiest bet. I don't plan on doing anything sketchy that anybody would want to sue for or cause any trouble with. Charged for being outside to pick up paperwork though... that's just petty lol.

One of my business venture ideas could involve hiring employees for gigs and such, so if I end up getting that off the ground I'd need help because that's a whole different level of complicated. When you run it on your own it's relatively simple.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Oh yeah, they charge for literally ANYTHING. It's kinda of ridiculous, but at the same time.. I guess I understand. I think if I actually end up doing well with my plans, I will seek some professional advice. As of right now, starting something through legalzoom or another simple solution might be the easiest bet. I don't plan on doing anything sketchy that anybody would want to sue for or cause any trouble with. Charged for being outside to pick up paperwork though... that's just petty lol.

One of my business venture ideas could involve hiring employees for gigs and such, so if I end up getting that off the ground I'd need help because that's a whole different level of complicated. When you run it on your own it's relatively simple.

They'd be 1099s then, right? At least it makes it a bit easier on you in that aspect.

You might even be able to check out your local college and talk to professors. They love to talk lol.

Also, if you're doing it out of your home I'd definitely suggest an accountant so they can help you take all the tax advantages. There's all kinds of things you can do from renovations to utilities that you can get benefits for

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blue_jean_man For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-26-2017)