17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m

Skin Care Routines

I've always had oily/problem skin, but it's never been absolutely horrible.
    I've been on Accutane a few times, and both were unsuccessful. I've tried so many different things and nothing worked. ( I drink an UNREAL amount of water and stay away from lots of sugar, and that didn't even help!)

I recently started a new routine, and after "purging" for about a week (my skin was absolutely horrible), I've found a super budget friendly routine I'm absolutely in love with!

REMEMBER, IF YOU START A NEW SKIN CARE ROUTINE:
    Your skin will do what's called "Purging", which is essentially getting rid of the skin that's gotten used to your routine, and all of the buildup of crap that's underneath. This could last 6-8 weeks... So be ready LOL.

What routine(s) have you found work for your taking care of your breakouts?
    Do you have any special products that you absolutely swear by?!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

cootiesbag (09-14-2017),Forever (11-13-2017),j03 (09-14-2017),Pusheen (09-14-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    99d 4h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I REALLY recommend Epiduo, it saved my skin in highschool (topical medication). I've had clear skin since then but I also don't drink soda/unhealthy beverages + I eat pretty healthy (I don't have a sweet tooth) so that helped in my case.

Also, African Black Soap does WONDERS, it's hella cheap on Amazon. $4 I think?

Kind of expensive but it's the only face moisturizer I use and I've been using it for years. I just need one pump for my entire face.There's a "gel" version for oily/combination skin, and a lotion for dry skin.

I'd also recommend exfoliating your face every few days to get rid of any dead skin or doing a face mask (shit is so fun despite having clear skin or not let's face it)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cootiesbag For This Useful Post:

cybunnyobsessed (11-02-2017),motherfucker (09-14-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I don't have many break outs but I have oily skin and am very pale so I tend to get new moles/beauty marks if I spend too much time under the sun, also freckles. Which I totally hate... does anyone have the same problem? I really don't want more beauty marks on my face, I have too many and need this to stop. Would love recommendations for this.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I don't have many break outs but I have oily skin and am very pale so I tend to get new moles/beauty marks if I spend too much time under the sun, also freckles. Which I totally hate... does anyone have the same problem? I really don't want more beauty marks on my face, I have too many and need this to stop. Would love recommendations for this.
    Using a daily moisturizer with an SPF in it should definitely help that, or at least reduce the chance of more freckles and beauty marks forming!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10d 23h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm way too lazyyy for those 3-step / 5-step / (god forbid) 10-step facecare routines, sometimes when I don't leave the house I don't even wash my face. Please don't judge me HAHA I KNOW I SHOULD BE ASHAMED

I used to have an oily face / acne problem when I was growing up (which I guess was my fault), but I STILL cbf using all the oils/creams/whatever my mom tried to get me.

Started using "Sebamed Clear Face Anti-Bacterial Cleansing Foam" though, and stuck with it for the last 10 years or so. It cleared up my face pretty quick, and I haven't really had a problem since even if I don't necessarily wash my face twice a day. Between that and drinking between 2.5-3L of water a day my skin has been pretty good!

I'm sure diet probably plays a factor as well maybe? I don't eat fruits or vegetables, but I don't eat much oily foods either so maybe it balances out heheh.

Also I know I reallyreallyreally should moisturize + SPF though!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 10h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    CeraVe literally saved my skin when i suddenly developed cystic acne. went to the moisturizing cleanser and normal day moisturizer, i still use both and rarely get spots.

i also use some CosRX products, but don't overdo it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Was lucky enough to never have skin issues. I've have heard through multiple people that cutting back on dairy products has helped their acne and other health problems immensely! Not trying to convert anyone to vegetarian/veganism, but there seems to be a lot of benefits in general to cutting back on animal products.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Proactive usually works pretty well for me.
    I used it a lot when I was a kid, but not so much now as an adult.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Mine is not the most fleshed out or complex, but I use an all natural scrub with salicylic acid when I shower, and when I go to bed I was my face with a really strong face cleaner. Same when I wake up, first thing in the morning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I prefer to use professional dermatology equipment even at home. My dermatologist advised me this service (you need an account to see links) to find any cosmetology equipment for home use. There is a huge variety of med equipments from all over the world at affordable prices. Usually I make 3 cleaning procedures per week, it gives great results.
    Last edited by Sam Grin; 10-27-2017 at 01:36 AM.