Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What made you get addicted to Neopets?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I think its just because I find it fun? I guuess, i'm big kid sooo ...

Discord: Ashley#4211

♥ Super cute userbars in sig by Rrachel ♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I played this years and years ago when I was much younger when someone encouraged me to sign up, don't know what really made me really get into it but I recently signed up a new account since my first one got lost because SOMEONE logged me into a phishing site.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Ah. Phishing websites. I remember falling for a few of those in my early years on Neopets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 17h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Way back when poogle solitaire was a thing, I memorized the winning pattern for that shit and made sure to play it every day for those magical poogle toys. I wish I had kept any omg. Just started doing all kinds of other stuff too and when my friend was down on the weekends we would harass the boards. It was chaos back then and we were a couple of 14 year old assholes, good times.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Witch (08-20-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Honestly, I can't even remember how I met the site But I was probably addicted to the pets. Then the games. I've always been an animal lover with nothing better to do, so Neopets was great to pass the time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah I think I got a dm from someone who told me off for my phishing page. I had no idea what they were talking about but when I checked for myself I was pissed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I discovered Neopets when I was on medical leave from school, so I had a lot of spare time on my hands. After I got better and went back to school, I got less obsessed. Being off the high dose pain meds made Neopets far less interesting anyway. Pain meds are like alcohol, everything is much more entertaining when you're on them. And that's why I almost exclusively play Neopets when I'm drunk.
    If only my brain worked as hard as my liver.

Pronouns
    Sponge
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    45d 22h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    My boss at a small used bookstore got me hooked on Neopets. He was like in his 30's at the time I thought he was a weirdo for playing a kids game. This was in the fall of 2001 and I finally gave in when I saw cybunnies. I had a pet rabbit at the time and wanted everything rabbit/bunny related... so I joined neopets and never looked back. Turned to the dark side (the fun side) of playing "differently" (aka.. buying things outside of neo) about 6 years ago and again... never looked back. lol! I will celebrate my 16th year in September!
    http://clraik.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12084_2.gif
    I am a little obsessed with a certain yellow sponge.

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    A combination of autism and childhood trauma. I loved it as a kid because it was a community I could be a part of, and I loved the art, and I loved collecting things (IRL and off�the merch was high quality and amazing). After I went into foster care and was adopted by an abusive family I held onto Neopets for dear life because the site's old-timey mentality was the only constant in my life. It reminded me of a time I missed but still remembered little of. My adoptive parents didn't let me use the internet but I snuck around anyway. I've used it as a baby blanket of sorts for years and years because it's comforting, low-stress, and nostalgic.

Tl;dr the feeling of peace and safety that Neopets brings me is what I'm addicted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    My boss at a small used bookstore got me hooked on Neopets. He was like in his 30's at the time I thought he was a weirdo for playing a kids game. This was in the fall of 2001 and I finally gave in when I saw cybunnies. I had a pet rabbit at the time and wanted everything rabbit/bunny related... so I joined neopets and never looked back. Turned to the dark side (the fun side) of playing "differently" (aka.. buying things outside of neo) about 6 years ago and again... never looked back. lol! I will celebrate my 16th year in September!
    I'd have got myselof a cybunny if you were still able to get one