Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here actively try and scam users?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    23d 21h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Nope. There isn't much activity on the site anyways so I wouldn't want to push the few people who still play away from the site.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Everything I wanted to say has been said by others.

Scamming is horrible. No need to drive away people from Neo. They need all the active players they can get.
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

noreti (08-18-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    I doubt any body here does and even if they did, nobody would openly admit to it. Times have changed and the selling/trading of active items/NP/accounts/pets is no longer allowed; and for good reason.

I'll admit that when I was around 12/13 (almost 17 years ago....) I started my adventure into the neo-underworld by scamming on site; fake login pages, social engineering of passwords to neo accounts/e-mails etc. That was when I w as young, ignorant and there was a massive player base though (not that it makes it any better morally).

These days anyone who scams active users is just screwing over the offsite trading community (such as that here) because each player pushed away is a potential customer gone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-15-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    1) Use Middleman if the user is sketchy/new.
    2) If the prices are too good to be true, then its most likely a scam/active.
    3) Always ask for the history of the product you're buying and how it was obtained.
    4) Check their itrader for reviews before buying/selling.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

charmed (08-15-2017),Doge (08-15-2017),genesis (08-15-2017),j03 (08-15-2017),Meowlily (08-15-2017),noreti (08-18-2017),Raposa (08-15-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Scamming people on Neo itself is dumb.
    I did it a few times in the past to test some things out and ultimately gave the people their stuff back in one way or another.

But scamming someone is riskier than raiding actives. TNT is a lot more adamant on scammed items because they're generally public in some sense, so the chance of actually getting the things out is pretty slim no matter how you do it.

Regardless, scamming is a shit thing to do.
    Have some morality and just steal from people that don't play anymore like a normal person smh

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

noreti (08-18-2017),Raposa (08-15-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    1) Use Middleman if the user is sketchy/new.
    2) If the prices are too good to be true, then its most likely a scam/active.
    3) Always ask for the history of the product you're buying and how it was obtained.
    4) Check their itrader for reviews before buying/selling.
    This! One of the biggest scams is good to be true offers. And I always ask so many questions, and Itrader is a great feature glad we have it.

Discord: Ashley#4211

♥ Super cute userbars in sig by Rrachel ♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I dont scam, never have been one for scamming, i use programs, and stuff to build my stuff up.

I always feel terrible if i even go into an active by mistake thinking some little kid is crying over the account i went into.

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    God, no. Why would I scam legit uses when programs, buying stuff, and raiding inactives gives me the upper hand already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    I doubt any body here does and even if they did, nobody would openly admit to it. Times have changed and the selling/trading of active items/NP/accounts/pets is no longer allowed; and for good reason.

I'll admit that when I was around 12/13 (almost 17 years ago....) I started my adventure into the neo-underworld by scamming on site; fake login pages, social engineering of passwords to neo accounts/e-mails etc. That was when I w as young, ignorant and there was a massive player base though (not that it makes it any better morally).

These days anyone who scams active users is just screwing over the offsite trading community (such as that here) because each player pushed away is a potential customer gone.
    I was scammed of all of my galleries this way.
    Was talking on msn to someone about neo and just random stuff. All of a sudden I am logged out of msn and neopets. Got back onto msn but was told password was wrong on neo. Tried resetting via email, but email wasn't coming to me.

Turned out that my security question for hotmail was 'name of first pet'. Person I was chatting to had been asking about pets and that and I had given out the name of my first pet without realising. Lesson learnt the hard way They
    Took my paintbrush gallery, negg gallery and scratchcard gallery. Had taken me ages to build them up aswell. Possibly karma for the halloween goody bag thing I mentioned upthread. I was so devastated.

I played completely legit for a few years after that. Learnt how to restock (was ok-ish) and had a few million in the bank along with lovely pets. TNT then froze me for 'using cheating programs' and refused to listen to me when I said I had not used anything. I was so pissed off, that I started looking for these so called cheating programs as no way was I going to play for another few years to make back what I lost just for them to ice me again. I was of the opinion that all 'programs' were just to steal passwords and such until then, but having that as a freeze reason made me realise that some real ones must actually exist. Found joes autobuyer, made in one day what it had taken me 2 years to make previously. Got myself up to about 15m and then stopped autobuying. Used a few programs to get myself a few trophies too. Been legit for about 4 years now. On my current accounts I did the AC one year cheating (as I cannot play YYB at all and the other games are crap) but thats it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vj87 For This Useful Post:

Nath (08-15-2017),noreti (08-18-2017),Raposa (08-16-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    If you scam someone on neopets and they turn out to be a cK member, whether you had this knowledge prior to conducting a scam or not, you will face consequences on the forum as well.
    I know the Mod's don't look favorably on it.
    There's precedent here in those situations and you'll end up facing a ban if the situation isn't rectified.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Kyle (08-17-2017),noreti (08-18-2017),Raposa (08-16-2017)