Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

I hate neopets sometimes. :|

I'm locked out of my account, because, of course, the password recovery system is completely broken, and has been for some time. I made the account years ago and can't remember the original email, but NOT ONLY has TNT UNFROZEN my account with the info I've given them in the past, but they've given my PW back too!

Now they're saying there's this new policy, where the fact that I have SCREENSHOTS of past tickets, news updates, and NC purchase confirmations going to the email my PW recovery message SHOULD have gone to, is irrelevant, and that I need to give them the 'original email' I used with my account.

I even have screenshots of my email change, and the staff member reviewing my ticket not only was the one that helped me recover my account before, but, has told me that 'yes' some of the emails I provided were used on the account 'in the past' but that I need the ORIGINAL to get my PW sent to my new email. I'm just, so annoyed, this is terrible customer service. It's obvious that the account is mine. And if the password recovery system actually sent the password to the NEW EMAIL attached to the account like it's supposed to it wouldn't even be a problem. I cant see this happening on any other website... Even my bank is more lenient than this. I mean honestly. :|

Do you think I should just submit a new ticket?? I think the staff member reviewing mine must be on a power high or something. I mean seriously it's a fucking neopets account. I dont even have any money, rare items or UC's. My only neopet is a ghost korbat. He was my first neopet, yeah, but, the only person he's valuable to is me.

I guess it just seems insane to me, because I had this account unfrozen and the PW sent to my new email with the exact same info I sent in this time, less than a year ago. D: AND I HAD RARER PETS THEN TOO.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamella For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-15-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Let me guess....Tony?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Brady (08-14-2017),Raposa (08-15-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Alice W. Actually. :/

I think she's pissed at me because I caught a VVWN UC Baby kougie in the pound, that she said was legit, and then when I went to trade it (since I had TNT's confirmation of it's legitimacy and was confident that it was mine), she said 'reports had arisen' that it wasn't legit (whatever that means) and removed it from my account. I think her keeping my PW from me is some weird way of punishing me??? I really don't know but I dont care. I was feeling nostalgic, but now I'm starting to remember why I took a hiatus to begin with.

Some members of the neopets staff have attitudes about as pleasant as a flaming bag of shit. :/
    Last edited by Kamella; 08-14-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    The support system on Neopets is one of the worst I've seen between the games I've played and I have lost faith in them a long time ago. I have got frozen for doing literally nothing and getting an account back has proven impossible in my experience... so yeah. It's been several years since I had to leave all my nostalgia appart and just deal with the fact that some pets I worked hard for won't be given back to me. Now a days I just play but not putting attachments on my accounts or pets anymore.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Brady (08-14-2017),Raposa (08-15-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    I went above and beyond for a ticket to Alice, and she kept telling me I was wrong when I wasn't. Apparently they have other outside source that gives straight yes or no answers to unfreezing accounts. Like for mine, they told me I had the wrong birthday/original email but I gave them every possible email (even the original owners alternate emails from social media), every birthday for every one of their sides and their actual birthday, yet it was still wrong. I tried making another ticket, auto-closed without an explanation even though the wording was completely different. Tried on another account, auto-closed also. I believe this is their way of staying nope sorry without actually saying it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    its just wild to me because, this information, this exact same information, was 'enough' to UNFREEZE my account, and have it returned to me, but it's not enough to prove I'm the owner?? They should really have a phone number, or something?? I want to talk to someone on the PHONE, I want to call Alice W. just so I can ask why. Really. Sure, it could be as simple as a 'new policy' but she KNOWS it's me, and even if she 'doesn't remember' that she returned my account less than a year ago, she should be able to see my screenshots, which she claims she 'cant open' even though they're links. :|

I'm not asking for the moon and stars. Most websites would consider it suicide to have a password recovery system that asks for the 'original email' on 6 year old accounts that have had several email changes/HAVE a working CONFIRMED email attached to them, the PW recovery process could be made easy, and streamlined... Your password gets sent to, perhaps the email currently attached to the account?? Or is that TOO DANGEROUS. someone might HACK MY GHOST KORBAT. =OOO

ugh.

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Oh man that stinks. I had a pretty good experience with Alice when I was trying to get an account back. It wasn't frozen but the email recovery system thing wasn't working. But in hearing all of this I am going to be taking a lot of screenshots of that and other tickets just in case And lame sauce about the baby koug. Probably the work of report happy Pc'ers that we jealous they didn't pound snipe it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    What is with these people running the ticket system? I'd say what are they smoking, but stoners would be far more chill. It seems like they just do w/e with no real reason, just what they felt like doing with the tickets that day.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Good luck if you send in a new ticket, I keep trying to get Tony because Alice won't budge but bitch keeps answering my tickets.

It's pretty dumb really that all you need is the original email to get an account back. They don't care about other proof and screenshots actually mean nothing to them, which makes sense as they can be easily put together in photoshop.

It's likely that they won't budge if you don't know the original email but you might get lucky.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I mean yes, I could painstakingly photoshop realistic screenshots of messages from TNT into my gmail account but. Why would I do all that for an empty account consisting of nothing but an old ghost korbat??? like???? What's the p o i n t.

They KNOW the account is mine. there is nothing IN it. Why else would I even want to get in. From the same IP address. That I usually do. Shocker. :| I guess I could have stolen this laptop and be assuming the identity of the original owner- OR, and stay with me here, because this is twisted. I AM the original owner, and I made the account when I was 13, and used some silly email just to make it because I was thirteen, and I just wanted a neopet. Unbelievable I know. And when I no longer wanted 5 emails all called something like (you need an account to see links), because I grew up, I changed the email in my account, and forgot all about my old complicated string-of-numbers email address. Because it was a shitty email address, that even back then I had to keep written in my note book with the PW if I wanted any chance at logging in. :|

I could have never guessed, that the broken password recovery system, would make me regret throwing out an ancient notebook from my tween days.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamella For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-15-2017)