Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alt Right rally in Charlottesville - Car plows into protesters leaving one dead and 19 injuried.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

Alt Right rally in Charlottesville - Car plows into protesters leaving one dead and 19 injuried.

Charlottesville city council in April voted to remove a statue of Confederate leader (you need an account to see links), one of the last standing Confederate monuments in the state. The statue stands in a park that was also recently renamed from Lee Park to Emancipation Park. Although the removal of the statue is still pending litigation, white nationalists are opposing the decision in an effort to cling on to their white history.

White rights activist Jason Kessler, a Charlottesville resident who organized Saturday’s “Unite the Right” protest, blamed all "the anti-white hatred that's coming out of the city" as the reason for the rally, CNN reported. (you need an account to see links)

Yesterday, 11th of August 2017, they (you need an account to see links). Watching the videos gave me shivers, it's something scary.
    Hundreds of people walking at night, with torches and shouting racial, religious, and anti-LGBT slogans.

Today, 12th of August 2017, things got far worse when a car plowed into protesters who were against the alt right members in the city.
    I've been watching it live on Youtube because I read on a local journal (when your local journal worries more about international things other than things that happen in your city) and buddy, what a terrible thing to watch!
    local issues).
    I'm not sure what the hell is going on lately in the US but I'm kinda scared.
    It seems like two people with different opinions can't debate about subjects without getting into a fight or something, at least that's what I've seen happening quite a lot in the past.

Do I agree with alt right? Of course not.
    Do I agree with (alt) left? Absolutely not.

But just because you share different ideas doesn't mean you can harm/kill someone!
    If someone preaches "anti-white/black, homophobic, etc" ideas, they need to be punished!

Sometimes I think why can't people have different opinions about topics, debate them but still be friends or something but it seems like the world doesn't work like that (anymore).

tl;dr: So things are getting worse in the US and I'm really worried about it because I'm planning on moving to it next year.
    Last edited by athron; 08-12-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    It's really worrying how bad the States is coming, but it's not only there that seems to be plagued with hatred. The world only seems to only becoming a more and more violent place as those with radical views are more welcomed and even encouraged to share and enforce their beliefs. People are so hateful.
    i love luna

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

athron (08-12-2017),Meowlily (08-14-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    23d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    One of the white nationalists is from a town an hour away from me and his father came out and said he's no longer welcome at his fathers home.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I really fear the states these days... living in small town I see alot of hate and now seeing it more and more...

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    hope they tear gas those nazi cunts

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I watched Sargon of Akkad's TWIS video where he was talking about this whole thing. I can't believe it's coming to this - just gangs of youth thugs going to war in the streets. I thought Trump was gonna call in the feds when Berkley kicked off.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    23d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    This whole situation has gotten out of hand. We need a leader to actually do something, not defend white supremacists.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    He's not defending them? In the address after this incident Trump mentioned that this was because of hate on many sides, he condemned the alt right on many occasions even during his election campaign.

This is getting political, is this even the right subforum for this topic?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Are we allowed to be political in this forum?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by not_you_22 View Post
    He's not defending them? In the address after this incident Trump mentioned that this was because of hate on many sides, he condemned the alt right on many occasions even during his election campaign.

This is getting political, is this even the right subforum for this topic?
    Politics are fine in general discussion. The main thing to keep in mind is respecting alternate opinions, and supporting opinions with evidence where possible. If things get too personal, we encourage users to report posts for staff to have a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by luscinyx View Post
    Are we allowed to be political in this forum?
    Yes, as mentioned above.