Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else excited for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I'm predicting the switch game will be the remake of gen 4, which would be so hype

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    I am ready (Y)
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 11h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have almost finished my pokedex for Sun/Moon and I actually really enjoyed the Poke Pelago/training/festival areas despite some of my friends disliking those features. But I'm more looking forward to the Switch rpg than Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, I need a new game to play on that console now that I've found all the shrines in BotW lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    The new Switch game will either be a new Gen (and THEN we get Gen IV remakes) or the other way around imo. From the interview GF did, it seems like it's a new region first, but that's just the feeling I get.

Also screw Festival Plaza, bring back PSS.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    I really hope they bring traditional Gym's back... That was the reason I have yet to play Sun and Moon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Well, as of today's Direct, they've gone and confirmed that there's entirely new Pokemon in USun and UMoon, which is enough reason to be fairly excited.

It's the first time they've added entirely new species instead of just new forms (Megas/Primals/Hoopa Unbound in gen 6, Kyurem forms in gen 5, Rotom forms/Sky Shaymin in gen 4), so that opens up a lot of possibility for new content in these sequels! I'm sure they'll just make it so that new species can't interact in any way with games where they don't exist, as it's been in the past with forms and attacks-- it's a pretty smart way to add content throughout the generation without too many compatibility issues.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree; part of me hopes it's not a remake with a couple more added cutscenes - I'd love to see a continuation of the plot, maybe get a letter or two from Lillie or Gladion. The characters in Pokemon are a treat, and super friendly, and I want to see if they're doing okay.

Also is anyone like freaked out by Ultra Beasts? Scared by them in a deep psychological part of you brain?? Look at UB-BURST it took its head off oh my god.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I totally understand the concern towards sequels/third games-- will there be enough content and interesting new stuff to make it a worthy buy, etc, etc.

I'm kind of enslaved to the system because I'm a big VGC player, and you always need new games in order to keep up, because otherwise you can't play in the official scene. It evens its way out with TCG that way: you either have to buy new cards, or buy the current game being used as the VGC platform, and you have to pay for traveling/lodging at events either way.

Black/White 2 were a little underwhelming for me, but they added new areas, a lot more species diversity, new forms/events, and different characters and plot threads to keep us interested. I really liked Alola overall, so I'm.. honestly pretty hopeful for it being a nice continuation of the first games? We'll see what happens, but either way, I'm chained to buying UMoon because VGC. :y

I personally absolutely love the Ultra Beasts: Nihilego is one of my favorite Pokemon ever because of its design, lore, and terrifying presence in battle.
    Most of them are based off of invasive species (jellyfish, mosquitoes, roaches, bamboo), which is really neat to me, and they all have a lot of unique quirks and utility that make them a lot of fun to use. Why should Pokemon be based purely around a human understanding of wilderness and mythology, anyways? It's fun to mix it up and create some weird lifeforms that break the rules.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    158 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I am excited for it...but I wish they'd do Gen 2 megas already. I'm interested to see where the plots change (as Lusamine is actually saying that thing is evil which is scary since we all thought Lusamine was evil)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 3h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    my body is ready