Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Website that has access to academic books for free?

  1. #1
    Views's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Location
    Planet 4032-877
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 93 Times in 44 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Rep Power
    1

    Website that has access to academic books for free?

    My professor told me about a russian website or something a while ago but I forgot the name of the website.
    I'm trying to find some books online for my paper that's due tonight and don't have time to get them from the library.

    Help is greatly appreciated!!

  2. #2



    looklook123123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 896 Times in 380 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Time Online
    100 d 17 h 2 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 11 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Views View Post
    My professor told me about a russian website or something a while ago but I forgot the name of the website.
    I'm trying to find some books online for my paper that's due tonight and don't have time to get them from the library.

    Help is greatly appreciated!!
    gen.lib.rus.ec

    I think this may be the one you were referencing.

    I just tried it looks like they took the site down? That's what I used nit even 5 weeks ago though for my summer class.
    Last edited by looklook123123; 1 Week Ago at 07:22 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to looklook123123 For This Useful Post:

    Views (6 Days Ago)

  4. #3
    Views's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Location
    Planet 4032-877
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 93 Times in 44 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by looklook123123 View Post
    gen.lib.rus.ec

    I think this may be the one you were referencing.

    I just tried it looks like they took the site down? That's what I used nit even 5 weeks ago though for my summer class.

    Yes that was the website! But yeah looks like it's down. Thank you!

  5. #4



    looklook123123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 896 Times in 380 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Time Online
    100 d 17 h 2 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 11 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Views View Post
    Yes that was the website! But yeah looks like it's down. Thank you!
    It worked for me two days ago so I think it goes up and down.. best to check it daily until a new, more stable website comes in.

  6. #5
    Katie





    Bacchus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,076
    Thanks
    1,179
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 968 Posts


    Downloads
    113
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Time Online
    81 d 15 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 54 m
    Rep Power
    10
    What book(s) do you need? I'm doing my Masters online, so have access to a really good digital library. I could check for you, @Views.

  7. #6
    Views's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Location
    Planet 4032-877
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 93 Times in 44 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    What book(s) do you need? I'm doing my Masters online, so have access to a really good digital library. I could check for you, @Views.
    I actually finished my paper so I don't need it now, but next semester I'll be sure to ask you if I need a book

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •