13/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
    That's what I keep being told - online and from my Dad - get my G.E.D first, get a job, get my own place, but it's so hard to be alone in the meantime
    The fact that it's that hard to be alone means you're not ready for a relationship, in my opinion. You need time to be happy with yourself first, before you can be in a relationship. Relationships don't fix people, or fill a void in your life. They aren't meant for that. Successful relationships share happiness that each person already has separately. Otherwise it just becomes codependent.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noreti For This Useful Post:

AyBeCee (08-09-2017),Hubble (08-08-2017),Mophead (08-09-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    That's what I keep being told - online and from my Dad - get my G.E.D first, get a job, get my own place, but it's so hard to be alone in the meantime
    It might definitely be hard, but trust me, you will thank yourself later. I honestly don't think it's very healthy to depend on somebody else to be happy. You should learn to enjoy spending time alone with yourself and find some hobbies. You said that you are interested in things like physics and astronomy, why not find forums where you can talk online about those subjects with other people or buy books to learn new things about those? This would surely keep your mind busy and help you feel better! I don't really encourage you to get into a new relationship "just because you feel lonely". This would be pretty unhealthy and unfair to the other person involved tbh... Learning to be more independant will definitely come in handy in the long run and hell, it might even boost your self-confidence and attract other people!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

AyBeCee (08-09-2017),Hubble (08-08-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by noreti View Post
    The fact that it's that hard to be alone means you're not ready for a relationship, in my opinion. You need time to be happy with yourself first, before you can be in a relationship. Relationships don't fix people, or fill a void in your life. They aren't meant for that. Successful relationships share happiness that each person already has separately. Otherwise it just becomes codependent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    It might definitely be hard, but trust me, you will thank yourself later. I honestly don't think it's very healthy to depend on somebody else to be happy. You should learn to enjoy spending time alone with yourself and find some hobbies. You said that you are interested in things like physics and astronomy, why not find forums where you can talk online about those subjects with other people or buy books to learn new things about those? This would surely keep your mind busy and help you feel better! I don't really encourage you to get into a new relationship "just because you feel lonely". This would be pretty unhealthy and unfair to the other person involved tbh... Learning to be more independant will definitely come in handy in the long run and hell, it might even boost your self-confidence and attract other people!
    You both make very good points and I do agree completely. I guess I will work on myself some more first before I try to get into another relationship, honestly now that I stop and think about it that was the reason my last one failed was because I was not happy with myself. I had insecurities and negative thoughts that just took over and ended up ruining the whole thing. I guess I can just have some NSA 'fun' in the meantime with girls haha

Thank you everyone for discussing this with me, I really appreciate it. Like I said previously, I have no-one but my Dad and his wife, and you guys, so it really means a lot that you would take the time out of your day and effort to write these posts and read them and whatnot
    Supernova, supernova, the end of your days,
    Supernova, supernova, with might and such strength,
    Supernova, supernova, shine with such grace,
    Supernova, supernova, a wonder of space.

-
    >Insomnia sucks<

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hubble For This Useful Post:

AyBeCee (08-09-2017),Cath (08-08-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Pretty much what everyone else said is kind of what I went through. You'll know that you are ready for another relationship when you stop "needing" to be in a relationship.

The only person we can really depend on is our-self. We need to be the one that makes us happy, that makes us well, that defines us. We shouldn't look to others to do that for us, and we shouldn't also be in a relationship with someone that expects us to do that for them. Its just a recipe for heart ache and there will always feel like something is missing, or we'll always be wondering when the other shoe is going to drop.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

AyBeCee (08-09-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 18h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Speaking from personal experience, it feels the worst the more recent the breakup is. I got so lonely I almost considered taking back my manipulative/self-centered/boundary-breaking/cheating ex because I missed all the stuff that came with being in a relationship.

Eventually it gets easier, took me a few months to get back into the dating game, then a few months more to realize everyone in my town sucks and I started online dating (OkCupid). That was a success xD

But until then, focus on other things, and sometimes it's ok to let yourself feel sad or upset. Listen to breakup songs or something to get it all out. And when you can, just try new things, and maybe you'll meet new people (Or try to find forums or clubs or whatever for things you already like)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace Trainer For This Useful Post:

j03 (08-08-2017)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    563d 23h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    If I could I would've already man but nothing really interests me... at least that I can do anything with, that is. The only things I find interesting are things that I have no chance of getting involved with like astro-physics, general astronomy, engineering and general physics, but I don't even have a G.E.D so I can't go anywhere with any of those things.
    Huh?

You don't need a piece of paper to do something you want to do in life. Cheer up man. The hardest part is the closest of time since you broke up. The more time that passes, the easier it gets.

I suggest giving yourself a chance and get to doing what you want to do. Who knows... A seed won't grow if you don't nourish it.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    lmaooo