28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

I need a girlfriend :(

Since I broke up with my ex a few weeks ago I've been so lonely, at least in that sense. I moved back in with my Dad and his wife but I have no friends, my brother doesn't talk to us anymore, and my Dad and his wife are literally the only people that I have to talk to now.

I miss having someone I can hug and kiss honestly I feel so lonely, yes I know I have my Dad and his wife but like I said I miss being able to hug and kiss someone and tell them I love them in that certain way. Any advice or any ideas from anyone? :/
    Supernova, supernova, the end of your days,
    Supernova, supernova, with might and such strength,
    Supernova, supernova, shine with such grace,
    Supernova, supernova, a wonder of space.

-
    >Insomnia sucks<

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 8h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Find a hobby to get your mind off of your ex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

70spurple (08-09-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    If I could I would've already man but nothing really interests me... at least that I can do anything with, that is. The only things I find interesting are things that I have no chance of getting involved with like astro-physics, general astronomy, engineering and general physics, but I don't even have a G.E.D so I can't go anywhere with any of those things.

-
    >Insomnia sucks<

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
    If I could I would've already man but nothing really interests me... at least that I can do anything with, that is. The only things I find interesting are things that I have no chance of getting involved with like astro-physics, general astronomy, engineering and general physics, but I don't even have a G.E.D so I can't go anywhere with any of those things.
    Work on getting your G.E.D. could meet people in a G.E.D. class that way too.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

athron (08-08-2017),Hubble (08-08-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Like @(you need an account to see links) said, I'd also suggest for you to get into online forums about the topics you like and discuss with other people.
    I do that from time to time and it's quite nice.

Also, if you have your father and his wife, just be glad that you have two people there with you (and also us, even though we are pretty much far from each other).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to athron For This Useful Post:

Hubble (08-08-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    Work on getting your G.E.D. could meet people in a G.E.D. class that way too.
    I know I need to do that regardless but in the meantime it's just so lonely :/

-
    >Insomnia sucks<

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Maybe go online to find friends to meet up with? And I'm not talking about casual encounters

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Impala View Post
    Maybe go online to find friends to meet up with? And I'm not talking about casual encounters
    I'm already on a couple dating sites but they require premium in order to access most of the features they offer of-course.

-
    >Insomnia sucks<

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    They say the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else but I think thats pretty much B.S.

I used to hop from one relationship right into another and feel super depressed and alone when I wasn't in a relationship. Then I figured out, in my case, I was really co-dependent.

I defined myself based on how my partner interacted with me. If he didn't pay enough attention to me/wasn't affectionate enough with me, then I am boring. If he didn't have enough sex with me, then I am unattractive. If I got upset with him over something rude, callous, or mean thing he did then I must be overreacting. If he was possessive, jealous, and manipulated me, then he must really love me if he is so passionately obsessed with me.

Been doing therapy these past three years because of mental health stuff and when I started I decided to not date at all. It took a while but I finally accepted being single as a positive thing in my life. I can focus on myself and not obsess over another person. I get the whole bed to myself. I don't have to worry about their alarm waking me up, and I can hit the snooze button as many times as I want without pissing them off. I don't have to base all my decisions on what is best for 2 people, or what would the other person think. I have eliminated a ton of conflict in my life, and have a ton more freedom to pursue many interests.

One day I may get into a relationship again. Its not something that I pine after. The only time I hate being single is when I am sick, cause then I want someone making me hot soup or spoiling me.

I really only have my parents of choice (my real parent abused me so I have nothing to do with em, plus my birth mom died), I don't speak to anyone in my birth family because they are all abusers. I pushed many of my friends and people I thought were friends away because of chronic depression and the subsequent therapy. I have chronic migraines so I can't work, I mainly stay home. I don't feel lonely though. I have facebook friends, people on Discord that I talk with, and mom and dad. To be honest most of my interactions with other people are forum or text based.

I know its not really any sort of solution, but I guess what I am trying to get across is there is another person out there in a similar situation (regarding the no one to snuggle with) who isn't lonely anymore. Can't really say how long it took. Eventually though, my perspective changed from seeing myself being single as lonely and unlovable, to independent and free.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

AyBeCee (08-09-2017),Hubble (08-08-2017),noreti (08-08-2017),Pusheen (08-08-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    They say the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else but I think thats pretty much B.S.

I used to hop from one relationship right into another and feel super depressed and alone when I wasn't in a relationship. Then I figured out, in my case, I was really co-dependent.

I defined myself based on how my partner interacted with me. If he didn't pay enough attention to me/wasn't affectionate enough with me, then I am boring. If he didn't have enough sex with me, then I am unattractive. If I got upset with him over something rude, callous, or mean thing he did then I must be overreacting. If he was possessive, jealous, and manipulated me, then he must really love me if he is so passionately obsessed with me.

Been doing therapy these past three years because of mental health stuff and when I started I decided to not date at all. It took a while but I finally accepted being single as a positive thing in my life. I can focus on myself and not obsess over another person. I get the whole bed to myself. I don't have to worry about their alarm waking me up, and I can hit the snooze button as many times as I want without pissing them off. I don't have to base all my decisions on what is best for 2 people, or what would the other person think. I have eliminated a ton of conflict in my life, and have a ton more freedom to pursue many interests.

One day I may get into a relationship again. Its not something that I pine after. The only time I hate being single is when I am sick, cause then I want someone making me hot soup or spoiling me.

I really only have my parents of choice (my real parent abused me so I have nothing to do with em, plus my birth mom died), I don't speak to anyone in my birth family because they are all abusers. I pushed many of my friends and people I thought were friends away because of chronic depression and the subsequent therapy. I have chronic migraines so I can't work, I mainly stay home. I don't feel lonely though. I have facebook friends, people on Discord that I talk with, and mom and dad. To be honest most of my interactions with other people are forum or text based.

I know its not really any sort of solution, but I guess what I am trying to get across is there is another person out there in a similar situation (regarding the no one to snuggle with) who isn't lonely anymore. Can't really say how long it took. Eventually though, my perspective changed from seeing myself being single as lonely and unlovable, to independent and free.
    I totally get what you're saying but I think some people just need a partner, and I don't know I might be one of those people because like I said in my original post I feel so lonely and depressed not having someone I can snuggle up tight with and kiss on the neck and flirt with and whatnot... I mean, I know there are positive things like you said like having the bed to yourself, not having to worry about someone else, not having to worry about hitting the snooze button etc. but there are also positives that I miss so much :/

-
    >Insomnia sucks<