Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in 'love at first sight'?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I believe love doesn't come at first sight because they need to love you as well.
    Last edited by ZachM; 05-22-2018 at 06:50 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ZachM For This Useful Post:

70spurple (07-19-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachM View Post
    I believe love doesn't come at first sight.
    In the General Discussion section, you need to be explaining why or it is SPAM. You can edit your post to add more information.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't believe so; love is structured from more than just physical attraction. I would say from my own personal experience that "the one that got away- ie actual love" usually is when their personality is perfectly in sync with yours- balancing strengths and weaknesses and just overall having good conversational strength (ie. when you go out, do you just sit there and stare at your phones or whatever it is, or do you sit there talking away and the time passes by and you don't even realise).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    yep - i believe in it hands down. I've been in love twice in my life, and i was in a serious relationship with each of them.
    i knew it the first time i met them. Its a feeling in my gut, like literally everything dropped away and they were the only person in the room even though i was surrounded by people. It really felt like the air was electric. The first time i was in a classroom (i was 15) and the second time at work (I was 24) . Didn't work out unfortunately (or fortunately) with either of them, but i haven't felt that way about anyone since and it still breaks my heart that it didn't work out with either of them. I really hope that i have that feeling again sometime. I've been in relationships with some great, good looking guys.. but i was never "in love" with them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    realistically... love at first sight is based off sexual/physical attraction and I don't believe that's real "love" lol
    and from experience I also believe that falling in love fast just has to do with young love, infatuation and [possibly forcing things to work or happen because fantasy]
    other than that I think love is a mixture, accumulation of everything: physical attraction, chemistry, life events shared with each other, obstacles that are overcame and time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I suppose it depends on how you think of 'love'. If you define it as a sort of fully-fledged, longterm commitment and dedication to someone...I don't think that sort of feeling can stem from a first meeting. But the beginnings of it, sure! You can totally have a suspicion that someone is going to end up being really special, and plenty of people develop attraction (physical, obviously, but also psychological) quickly with the right person.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Yes! As a 99% aromatic - someone who doesn't have romantic attraction towards others - I pretty much went through my entire life not even developing a crush on someone until a few years ago when I met my future S/O. Just meeting him I felt feelings I never felt before, even the cheesy ones like butterflies in my stomach or blushing at everything he says. And feeling that way for the first time as an adult was quite an experience and it was obvious that he was incredibly special from day one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I do to some extent. While I don't believe you can fall in love completely head over heels for someone at first sight; I do believe there can be a big enough spark for you to maintain healthy feelings towards someone or something. I have those sparks with puppies all the time!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVieBoheme View Post
    I suppose it depends on how you think of 'love'. If you define it as a sort of fully-fledged, longterm commitment and dedication to someone...I don't think that sort of feeling can stem from a first meeting. But the beginnings of it, sure! You can totally have a suspicion that someone is going to end up being really special, and plenty of people develop attraction (physical, obviously, but also psychological) quickly with the right person.
    I endorse this response.
    lol
    its hard not to believe in love at first sight when youre a hopeless romantic though (I am not just to make this clear) lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    21d 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Yes I really do, I do believe some souls are supposed to be together or intertwined beyond our understanding.