Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Do you believe in 'love at first sight'?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    27d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I believe more in infatuation at first sight. Love is something deep for me and when I see someone, it's not that I 'love' them. It's more I'm attracted to them. If I can't get the emotional feel out of it, it doesn't do much for me and that's whats missing from the other person. Love is more in depth for me vs a rudimentary infatuation.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    10d 12h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    It's situational, I think. With my ex, I believed in love at first sight, but after going through that abusive relationship for far too long, I don't anymore. My cat, on the other hand, was totally love at first sight! We bottlefed him and his siblings from a few days old. He's now about 15 years old, and does not leave my side at all, even if I have to go to the bathroom. That's true love right there/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Harley For This Useful Post:

Gato (07-15-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Delibird View Post
    I believe more in infatuation at first sight. Love is something deep for me and when I see someone, it's not that I 'love' them. It's more I'm attracted to them. If I can't get the emotional feel out of it, it doesn't do much for me and that's whats missing from the other person. Love is more in depth for me vs a rudimentary infatuation.
    agreed. I think people mistake love with physical attraction/infatuation/sexual attraction because those feelings are pretty stronkkkk man it can have you thinking youre inlove and all types of weird feelings hahaha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pokwang For This Useful Post:

Delibird (06-04-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 15h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    to me, love at first sight is superficial. And I guess you can love a strangers appearance, so sure lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It's interesting isn't it! What irks me most about the question is how easy it is to stumble into a bit of a morally obligatory response - "you can't judge a book by its cover!" Admittingly you can't judge a person's suitability in a relationship by their appearance alone, but no one ever said pure, physical appearance was the only component of that book's cover.

I do believe in 'love in first sight' in that it necessarily serves as a crucial step in the relationship-building process. Let's be honest, it's very hard for people to love someone they can't feel that initial attraction to. That attraction is not just in the physical domain, but also in the behavioural and ethical domains that accompany it. It's all about archetypes, that's just how we work. However, am I to say that those who pass the initial litmus test for relational suitability are to stay that way forever? Not by a long shot. It is, of course, possible - but in the ever-complicating world we inhabit, that method is growing unsuitable. Perhaps in a more perfect world this can become so, but I'd always advise those who find a partner who passes the 'love at first sight' test to approach the relationship as they would any other. Providence isn't keeping you two together, a certain rational clout is.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    5d 8h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Not for me.

Usually "love at first sight" for me is "lust at first sight". I know nothing of the person aside from their physical appearance so for me, it's not love.

My fiance was someone I never thought I'd get with because he wasn't my top choice in the physical appearance department. He is short and had a weird voice. Looking back, I'm glad I looked past his height and voice because I could never see myself without him. If he left me, that'd be it. There's no one else after him. I'd probably hold a torch for him for the rest of my life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    12d 3h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I think it's possible to feel attracted to someone at first sight, but you cannot truly love someone unless you care about and respect them. And how do you care about and respect someone you don't even know? Seems a little bit of a funny concept! I'd say it takes a bit to fall in love, at least a few weeks. But well, that is just my opinion~

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by salsadog View Post
    Not for me.

Usually "love at first sight" for me is "lust at first sight". I know nothing of the person aside from their physical appearance so for me, it's not love.

My fiance was someone I never thought I'd get with because he wasn't my top choice in the physical appearance department. He is short and had a weird voice. Looking back, I'm glad I looked past his height and voice because I could never see myself without him. If he left me, that'd be it. There's no one else after him. I'd probably hold a torch for him for the rest of my life.
    Salsa that is so romantic. I feel the same way, I have never loved anyone until I loved my fiancee. The thought of them leaving me makes my heart hurt, and I've never felt that before. I can't be without them~

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 18h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i believe you can connect with someone at first sight, which if the connection lasts, evolves into love, but as for actual love at first sight, i don't think so.