Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the most surprisingly stupid/smart thing your pet has ever done?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Every dog I get, I train to stay off the tile in the kitchen so I don't trip over them while cooking. All my other dogs (past and present, 4 in total) learned in a week or two. My newest dog (number 5), a border collie, figured out what I wanted after two days. But a week or so after that, she started literally jumping from the edge of the carpet, over the tile, to get to the small rug I have in front of the sink where she'll sit the entire time I'm in there. Two years later and she's taught my other dog, a dachshund, to do the same thing.

But they're not on the tile, so I can't be mad.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutsafety For This Useful Post:

angeldust (10-09-2017),Sugar Rush (08-27-2017)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutsafety View Post
    Every dog I get, I train to stay off the tile in the kitchen so I don't trip over them while cooking. All my other dogs (past and present, 4 in total) learned in a week or two. My newest dog (number 5), a border collie, figured out what I wanted after two days. But a week or so after that, she started literally jumping from the edge of the carpet, over the tile, to get to the small rug I have in front of the sink where she'll sit the entire time I'm in there. Two years later and she's taught my other dog, a dachshund, to do the same thing.

But they're not on the tile, so I can't be mad.
    You know when your dog is learning loopholes to your roles you have a problem

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Sugar Rush (08-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    21d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    -I'm always amazed that pets seem to be able to tell time (waiting by the door when they know you're about to go out/come home).

-My cats won't jump on my desk to look out the window without "asking permission" via snuggling/kitty kisses first.

-My boy cat likes to run off with my elastic hair ties and play with them, so I taught him that if he brings them to me, I'll reward him with the laser pointer. Whenever he's in the mood, he'll go look for one, come running over with it in his mouth and set it down on my lap or right next to me and just sit there until I play with him. Sometimes I'm distracted and don't notice, so he'll meow to bring it to my attention. It's so freaking cute.

-Dumbest thing my cat has done is frantically reach for and then sit and mew at a small hole in the wall that was out of reach, convinced it was a bug. For like a good 20 minutes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (08-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Daisy is a Jack Russell Terrier. She's small for the breed, about 15 pounds. We had this Golden Retriever puppy staying with us for a bit. She isn't a fan of big dogs, but this big goofy thing was as friendly as the breed can be. He was almost full grown so much bigger than she is. We had a lot of rodents in or yard, and Daisy would occasionally dig in the yard for shits and giggles. She learned this big goof could dig holes faster than she could. So she used him for that. Daisy would start digging, big goof would come over all excited and start digging for her. She would back up, snap at him to inspect the hole, and get him to start digging again. My dog is manipulative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've got a dog that is obsessed with the cats laser pointer so much so that she ran into the wall when she tried to "bite" it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    My cat has a habit of sleeping in strange positions, one position in particular is completely stretched out, on his back. For a while he slept on the lounge and when I came back half of the little cutie was hanging over the lounge!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My dog shit out and ate it and vomited it lastly ate it again

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    my dog august has figured out that when he jumps on the door near the doorbell, and it rings, we go and let him in from our yard. so basically my dog rings the doorbell to be let in.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    92d 14h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    My dog sometimes has always had some trouble with getting up since she's almost 14 years old. When she notices her legs aren't cooperating, she whines and it breaks my heart. I thought this was the case a few weeks back as well. She was whining and panicking really bad and I moved to help her get up. Then I noticed the cause of her panic. While scratching herself the adorable stupid dog got one of her longer nails caught in her collar so one paw was bend. She was over the moon happy when I 'fixed' her paw. This happened twice since. -_-

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 19h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    My cat sat on my laptop until a really really loud alarm suddenly went off. I had no idea laptops were even equipped with alarms. I couldn't figure out how to disable it plus I was scared to go near it in case it exploded or something.