28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

So what do you think?

Some of you may or may not have read my other thread(s) about essentially feeling like the Universe and everything in it is 'against me' - for lack of a better term, and nothing ever works out for me and whatnot. Well, I stumbled upon this article, (you need an account to see links) and it got me to thinking about a couple things.

1.) Was that it says think about what you want out of life, what you want to be, what you want to do, I've never really considered this. Yes, for the longest time I've wanted to be a famous rapper/musician, but I've never really taken it serious and put all my time and effort into it.

2. Was that it says, "stop complaining" and basically that when you focus on the negative things in your life, that's all you will notice. I don't realize how lucky I am to have my father and his wife there for me, and a place to stay, and monthly income from Social Security.

3. Was that it says to take full responsibility. II think this is one of the biggest issues for me, because I tend to blame everything and anything that goes wrong on something/somebody else, and hardly ever on myself. But like the article says, if I/you want to grow and learn from lessons that life has to teach you, than you must take full responsibility when you are at fault and you will learn from it.

So I don't know, this was kind of an upper for me and made me feel a little better however, I still have my insecurities about the world being against me, I guess I just know how to handle them a little bit better now and get through it easier

Just thought I'd share this for anyone it might help!
    Supernova, supernova, the end of your days,
    Supernova, supernova, with might and such strength,
    Supernova, supernova, shine with such grace,
    Supernova, supernova, a wonder of space.

-
    >Insomnia sucks<

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hubble For This Useful Post:

Nyu (08-05-2017)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    62d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I used to feel that way too, when i was like 12 or so, i was very shy and insecure.
    I made myself think that there was a reason for all that happened, and better things were coming.
    I still had some doubts though, but telling myself those things everyday, "You're the best", "Everything will be alright" or stuff like that helped a lot. I didnt believe it at the begining but you slowly start believing in those words. It really helps!
    Now i'm 23, i'm a lot more talkative and positive than then, i'm grateful for everything in my life and i'm happy.
    When bad things happen i just convince myself that it's not gonna be forever, for everything bad I will get more good things.
    Just try to look happy and you will be happy eventually, its weird but it works.
    And about the third thing you mentioned, try to acknowledge yourself, know your virtues and defects and if you make a mistake, it's just an opportunity to learn something new, next time you do it, it'll turn out fine!

I totally agree with your thoughts, thanks!
    Hope you feel better now and everyday that comes!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyu For This Useful Post:

Hubble (08-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyu View Post
    I used to feel that way too, when i was like 12 or so, i was very shy and insecure.
    I made myself think that there was a reason for all that happened, and better things were coming.
    I still had some doubts though, but telling myself those things everyday, "You're the best", "Everything will be alright" or stuff like that helped a lot. I didnt believe it at the begining but you slowly start believing in those words. It really helps!
    Now i'm 23, i'm a lot more talkative and positive than then, i'm grateful for everything in my life and i'm happy.
    When bad things happen i just convince myself that it's not gonna be forever, for everything bad I will get more good things.
    Just try to look happy and you will be happy eventually, its weird but it works.
    And about the third thing you mentioned, try to acknowledge yourself, know your virtues and defects and if you make a mistake, it's just an opportunity to learn something new, next time you do it, it'll turn out fine!

I totally agree with your thoughts, thanks!
    Hope you feel better now and everyday that comes!
    All very true, and I haven't even read the entire article yet.
    Supernova, supernova, the end of your days,
    Supernova, supernova, with might and such strength,
    Supernova, supernova, shine with such grace,
    Supernova, supernova, a wonder of space.

-
    >Insomnia sucks<