Thread: Flight Rising ~Never Played~ Help?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    200/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    66d 8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m

Flight Rising ~Never Played~ Help?

So anyone wanna give me a run down... Newbie guide or some info?

Never played, looked at the page and kinda wanna play. Anything I should know first? before I create an account or anything?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    FR it's based on the breeding of dragons, building up a clan and customize them... just as Neopets, dragons have species and some are more rare than others, but they also have genes that will determine how the offspring will look like depending on the parents you select. That's why it's hard to find two identical dragons since genes change a lot. It's pretty fun and interesting. If you don't like the dragons you end up breeding you can always either sell them for gems/treasure or exalt them (which also gives you treasure).

You can also have familiars to your dragons, similar to petpets to Neopets, but they do tasks at times and give you benefits but you need to bond with them, and this has a level.

In general, it's a pretty easy game to understand if you have played other pet games before.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Komari (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I took a good look at the (you need an account to see links) before I got started, and that helped, I think.

I would study up on BBFF: Breeding, Battling, Festivals and Familiars.

Maybe at some point, I'll create a guide along the lines of, "If you're coming from Neopets, here's what's different."

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    There are also registration windows which were changed to Welcome Weeks, not sure exactly when they are though

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yeah, I forgot to include Welcome Week. (I meant to...I don't know where my head was at this morning.)

They're the second Sunday of each month, so the remaining WWs for the year are:

• August 13-19
    • September 10-16
    • October 8-14 (earlier because 10/1 is a Sunday)
    • November 12-18
    • December 10-16

Reg only used to be open for a few days at a time (and certain hours with those days), but with the change to welcome week, it's 12:30a (FRT) on the designated Sunday to 11:59 the following Saturday.

Another important thing is that Flight Rising time and Neopets time are the same. (Pacific Time if you're in the west or GMT -8 if not.) The caveat there is while you can go on playing games and having fun on Neopets when rollover hits, FR shuts down for a half hour for nightly maintenance. (Sometimes longer, but that's always pre-announced.)

I wish I'd known that back when I first started--I waited the agonizing days for my first nest to hatch...and then realized the site went down each night and that I had no idea when it would come back up. (So I gave up and went to bed. )