82/6
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    17d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

North Korea

Wanted to see what other people's opinion is on this issue. As well as opinions of people who aren't in the united states.

In july, North Korea has tested 2 ICBMs, in an attempt to make one that is capable of reaching the united states with a nuclear warhead. And has threatened to do just that.

Currently, all trump has done is show military force near north korea. Most recently by flying B-1 Bombers over the korean peninsula.

Oh and anonymous claimed a couple months ago that we are on the verge of a world war.

Curious as to what people think should be done about north korea.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I believe it's not just a problem for the United States, North Korea is a country that is potentially dangerous for the whole world... they are lead by a crazy mandatary and have their population on the ignorance on purpose. It's crazy when you think it like that, that a country like that could still exist on the world we live in.

The world we're living right now is pretty pacifist though, if countries can avoid war they do. That's why even when there are many problems between nations, they just perdure and nothing it's done about it for the purpose of avoiding conflict. Few exceptions are done, one of them it's North Korea and other the islamic state.

Now, what should be done? The united nations organization should be the one to come together and do something about it. Ideally, in my point of view, have an international cooperation against north korea. But realistically, that won't happen unless north korea attacks. The "teasing" of Kim Jong-un has been going on for years and feels more like a show of power to his own people than a try to scare other countries... so it might just continue to be a tease for many years more.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    200/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    66d 8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    We are absolutely on the verge of WWIII. Without a doubt.

North Korea is your stereotypical "american child". Spoiled, dumb, and throw temper tantrums lol. Seems like North Korea's LEADERS are the same way. "only their leaders" I am in no way saying that North Koreans are to blame. North Koreans need help from outside entities to save their freedom.

Also, China removed their restrictions for how many children you can have right? When you have probably the worst population and pollution problems in the world.... Seems like the wrong time to let your country populate more, unless they know whats coming

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I believe it's not just a problem for the United States, North Korea is a country that is potentially dangerous for the whole world... they are lead by a crazy mandatary and have their population on the ignorance on purpose. It's crazy when you think it like that, that a country like that could still exist on the world we live in.

The world we're living right now is pretty pacifist though, if countries can avoid war they do. That's why even when there are many problems between nations, they just perdure and nothing it's done about it for the purpose of avoiding conflict. Few exceptions are done, one of them it's North Korea and other the islamic state.

Now, what should be done? The united nations organization should be the one to come together and do something about it. Ideally, in my point of view, have an international cooperation against north korea. But realistically, that won't happen unless north korea attacks. The "teasing" of Kim Jong-un has been going on for years and feels more like a show of power to his own people than a try to scare other countries... so it might just continue to be a tease for many years more.
    I agree with this especially the teasing part. Kim Jong-un is basically a man-child that is trying to make himself look big and bad.
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    History repeats itself. If you think about WWI and WWII, and hell, the Crimean War and most other international conflicts, it is all about balance of power. Yes, the world would love to just vaporize NK (or, preferably, change leadership/unite Korea)--the problem is the repercussions. An attack on NK will almost assuredly result in the total destruction of Seoul, let alone any additional responses. That in itself is horrible, and would cost probably upwards of a million lives. EVEN IF an attack was made, it would create an imbalance of power, which is the real problem--if the US and allies attacked, China and Russia would see it as against their own national interests, and may then make some sort of counter move. If China or even Russia were to attack, that would be seen as an attempt to have more influence in the region, and would prompt responses from the US and allies. What we have here is a global issue--countries are all acting in their own interests, and sadly that creates problems like this, which would normally be quite easy to solve, but is overly complicated because nobody trusts each other. The world is certainly linked more than it ever before, but we still maintain very unique national identities and interests, and this makes united responses to problems nearly never unanimous, and prompts leaders to act out of selfishness or self-preservation, rather than the common good for the world. Obviously, China and Russia do not want NK to fuck shit up, because there would likely be collateral damage to their own interests--it is just that these damages are not as horrible (in their minds) as growing US influence in the region.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZzZ View Post
    We are absolutely on the verge of WWIII. Without a doubt.

North Korea is your stereotypical "american child". Spoiled, dumb, and throw temper tantrums lol. Seems like North Korea's LEADERS are the same way. "only their leaders" I am in no way saying that North Koreans are to blame. North Koreans need help from outside entities to save their freedom.

Also, China removed their restrictions for how many children you can have right? When you have probably the worst population and pollution problems in the world.... Seems like the wrong time to let your country populate more, unless they know whats coming
    I'd also like to point out that China is having a border dispute with India right now. SCS issues seem to have died down or at least been brought to the diplomatic table, but might boil over at any time as well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to createweb For This Useful Post:

Arnie (09-30-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    200/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    66d 8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by createweb View Post
    I'd also like to point out that China is having a border dispute with India right now. SCS issues seem to have died down or at least been brought to the diplomatic table, but might boil over at any time as well.
    Shit is going DOWN!!!

My responses get more simple when I drink... DOWN!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Tough to say.
    North Korea is significantly behind on the curve when it comes to nuclear advances, and military tech in general. Perhaps a coo is in order, the US has toppled governments before, I can't imagine with someone as stupid as Kim it wouldn't be hard. Uniting Korea would be a nightmare, but at least putting someone willing to open NK to the world in power might do some good.

IDK About how likely it is for NK to ever get an ICBM to get to America, the Pacific ocean is significantly wider than the atlantic, perhaps they could aim for hawaii but that's not a worthwhile target by any means. We haven't maintained a military presence there in a long time. And since NK has next to no naval power it's unlikely they could manage to float a missile close enough to even attempt a launch.

Really NK has been posturing for decades, their technology is 50-60s era, and their leader is basically just a little boy, if he can managed to get enough plutonium for one H-bomb I'd be impressed, but since pretty much every country has North Korea embargoed, I'd say it's pretty slim that anyone would be sliding them enriched nuclear fuel for anything. I can't imagine people are looking to smuggle anything or anyone into North Korea...though I know there are quite a few trying to get smuggled out.

We'll have to see. To avoid Nuclear war I can see China stepping in and flexing a bit of their strong arm, as North Korea becoming a nuclear target means China will most definitely be effected, as will Japan and neither of them will have anything to do with it. There's also the fact that America maintains military presence in Japan, it'd be easy to invade and remove North Korea as a threat if they do decide to give it a go. No one on the world stage would tell us not to, not if NK is serious about Nuclear armaments.

As there's one war that cannot happen, and it's the one with the Nuclear Arsenals being put to use.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/6
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    17d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffryHawk View Post
    Tough to say.
    North Korea is significantly behind on the curve when it comes to nuclear advances, and military tech in general. Perhaps a coo is in order, the US has toppled governments before, I can't imagine with someone as stupid as Kim it wouldn't be hard. Uniting Korea would be a nightmare, but at least putting someone willing to open NK to the world in power might do some good.

IDK About how likely it is for NK to ever get an ICBM to get to America, the Pacific ocean is significantly wider than the atlantic, perhaps they could aim for hawaii but that's not a worthwhile target by any means. We haven't maintained a military presence there in a long time. And since NK has next to no naval power it's unlikely they could manage to float a missile close enough to even attempt a launch.

Really NK has been posturing for decades, their technology is 50-60s era, and their leader is basically just a little boy, if he can managed to get enough plutonium for one H-bomb I'd be impressed, but since pretty much every country has North Korea embargoed, I'd say it's pretty slim that anyone would be sliding them enriched nuclear fuel for anything. I can't imagine people are looking to smuggle anything or anyone into North Korea...though I know there are quite a few trying to get smuggled out.

We'll have to see. To avoid Nuclear war I can see China stepping in and flexing a bit of their strong arm, as North Korea becoming a nuclear target means China will most definitely be effected, as will Japan and neither of them will have anything to do with it. There's also the fact that America maintains military presence in Japan, it'd be easy to invade and remove North Korea as a threat if they do decide to give it a go. No one on the world stage would tell us not to, not if NK is serious about Nuclear armaments.

As there's one war that cannot happen, and it's the one with the Nuclear Arsenals being put to use.
    They've actually shown very recently that their last ICBM test could have easily reached the united states. Chicago was in range.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    They've actually shown very recently that their last ICBM test could have easily reached the united states. Chicago was in range.
    Interesting, I'm still not convinced anything will ever come of it, having an ICBM is one thing; but nuclear armaments is another. I don't doubt they could make one but I doubt it would be a payload of any significant mass, there's a lot of desert between California and Chicago, it'd be easy to miss a lot of the primary targets if their navigation systems aren't up to snuff.

I mean once that bomb drops though, China has a great reason to quickly snuff out North Korea; the USA is their best customer, and a war in their backyard, once nuclear options are on the table is bad news. China and the US have never been at war, and Russia would rather not break the tenuous relationship they have with America.

I mean there is also the issue of MAD, any nuclear weapon dropped on a major power, is a signed and return addressed package with nothing but death in it. Smaller nations can be wiped off the planet with one tactical sized nuke. Our world right now is rightly afraid of it, should someone threaten that sort of peace, no one comes out the other side okay.