Quote Originally Posted by GeoffryHawk View Post
Interesting, I'm still not convinced anything will ever come of it, having an ICBM is one thing; but nuclear armaments is another. I don't doubt they could make one but I doubt it would be a payload of any significant mass, there's a lot of desert between California and Chicago, it'd be easy to miss a lot of the primary targets if their navigation systems aren't up to snuff.

I mean once that bomb drops though, China has a great reason to quickly snuff out North Korea; the USA is their best customer, and a war in their backyard, once nuclear options are on the table is bad news. China and the US have never been at war, and Russia would rather not break the tenuous relationship they have with America.

I mean there is also the issue of MAD, any nuclear weapon dropped on a major power, is a signed and return addressed package with nothing but death in it. Smaller nations can be wiped off the planet with one tactical sized nuke. Our world right now is rightly afraid of it, should someone threaten that sort of peace, no one comes out the other side okay.
But they have had multiple successful nuclear detonations. Analysts have said that it's a matter of time for NK to obtain weaponise nuclear technology. And the fact that they refuse to back down/negotiate/be reasonable is what's getting the world skittish.