Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Should' men cry? Or is it 'weak' for a man to cry?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I think crying is one of the most human things a man can do. It really shows their heart when they feel something that strongly!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I feel what you're saying, I've seen many people that think like that (specially old people)
    I'm just glad things are changing and this generation thinks differently than past ones

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    (Irrelevant comment) I'm 21 too yay!

Back to the point, i don't think there's anything to be ashamed of in crying, regardless the gender. I mean, I've seen all the men, whom I've become friends with and some I've dated, cry at some point. I never judge them and neither does anyone else around them (though I've never seen my guy friends cry to each other) It could be that it's only a stereotype for men to be 'weak' when they cry only around other men? Maybe that's why it's easier to cry to a female friend/girlfriend/wife/sibling. I wish that mindset would change though.

It's not healthy to keep it in. It's just gonna explode one day which can be dangerous for your mental health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
    I don't really understand why it's considered okay and not weak for women to cry, yet when a 36 year old man breaks down in tears some people are just ashamed and think they are the weakest thing in the world. I personally have cried quite a bit in my life, I mean, I'm not a man yet (I'm only 21) but still, I'm a male and it's generally frowned upon for males to cry. I just don't get it.

Is it because crying is a sign of hurt and releasing your emotions, and men are supposed to be 'strong' and letting this hurt, and these emotions show is the opposite of being strong? Like I said I just don't get it. I think it should be just fine for a man to cry, whether 12, or 112, if anything, I think it is a sign of strength and being human - other animals cry but you don't see it as often as humans!

What do you think?
    Depends on what they're crying about
    in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    It's actually psychologically damaging to avoid crying as an expression of intense emotion. I can't recall the name of the paper, so I can't cite it, but basically bottling up your emotions can lead to psychological and potentially even physical issues, compounded by the fact that the most common reason for a person not to cry is being bullied or scared out of it as a child (IE the standard "You're a boy, boys don't cry/Don't be such a (girl, bitch, sissy, etc)". So in essence, toxic masculinity is damaging to everyone, but it's especially damaging to men.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    I see no problem with a man crying. I'll openly admit that I cry from time to time when I'm upset, angry or overjoyed. Certain things I know will make me shed a tear just by thinking of them, such as memories of lost family members. I don't think it's possible to prevent it in most cases and to me that means it's completely natural and nothing to be ashamed of.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I really like men who can show emotion through crying.
    Definitely attractive to me

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    122d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    People/men/males regardless of gender should be able to express their emotions. its unhealthy both psychologically and physically. It's steadily making improvements socially, but it's important to maintain people ( esp men)are able to handle an emotion physically such as crying, or talking about it without being ostracized by it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    dunno what to do with this...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I don't see why any person of any gender should be considered "weak" for crying. Men have feelings and emotions just like women do.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I cried A LOT!!! Watching Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

Yes it is okay to cry. We are all human beings. It is better to express. If you had enough feel free to cry.
    Rather than keeping your emotions inside. It is not good in the long run.
    Last edited by Doge; 08-02-2017 at 09:33 PM.