Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If You had the chance to go back to school ....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I didn't mind high school. But if I were to work harder at grade 12 math, and my average were to go up, it would have made a difference I think

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    179/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    schooling is definitely better thans working

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I actually skipped 89 days of school last year. It wasn't because of anyone, but because I hated math, science and english so much. Oh, and accounting too. However, at the tail-end of the school year...I realized that getting subpar marks wouldn't suffice. I thought long and hard for what I want to do in life, and decided college isn't for me. University is. And to achieve my goal, I had to stay for another year to boost my marks significantly..
    ehh...just throwing this out there if you hated the amount of work involved with high school you will be quite in shock once University hits. This is especially the case if you have classes with lab components. Have that can-do attitude like you have right now so that you are ready for the workload because it will not be light.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I wouldn't go back.
    I still have the chance to go back, and I wouldn't.
    Dropping out was the best choice I've ever made, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have done anything with my life.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If I could, i'd go back and try to focus more.
    I even remember in grade 1 I had a hard time paying attention,
    id always doodle and stare at things lol.
    I never graduated yet, so to anyone still in school..
    PAY ATTENTION OR YOULL END UP LIKE ME 0:-3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cara For This Useful Post:

SmokeToke (03-20-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm going back to school in Sept.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UFFH View Post
    I wouldn't go back.
    I still have the chance to go back, and I wouldn't.
    Dropping out was the best choice I've ever made, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have done anything with my life.

No affence to your comment, but how old are you? And if you are young, You still have a whole life ahead of you.
    My father had grade 6 and was a taxi driver his whole life. Making maybe 1000 a month. Now, go to school, get your education, and you can be making millions a year if your smart enough. Your opinion is your opinion, but honest, it's not a good one. Education is the most important thing IN LIFE, besides fam, etc. So really, if anyone read this & has not finished school yet (like me) GO BACK, (like i am)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    If I could redo my school, I probably would. I was too involved in my gaming to do my homework, so I got horrible grades and had to get a GED certificate. Not to mention I left school my senior year to go back into homeschooling, and ended up not going back due to my dad's death. Since I can't do that, I'll just make sure I do well in my college classes.

My father passed away when I was 16, about a year and a half ago now. I quit school too, I had to help care for him. It's tough, But as long as your willing to go back, you've made the greatest decision ever.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If I could go back to high school I would've taken all AP courses, rather than just the 3 that I took. By doing so I would've stayed with my friends, and not the losers I had to deal with in the normal classes. None of them had respect for anything. Also, I wouldn't have had to pay for as many classes at my university if I had just passed those.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Still in school, wouldn't change a thing despite failing a few classes in the past.
    Just letting things go in their own direction.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

SmokeToke (03-22-2012)