Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    39d 9h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    @(you need an account to see links) Not necessarily, if they shift just a little you can definitely feel them. I've had them get stuck where it was very hard to reach them though. :x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Birds For This Useful Post:

70spurple (07-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    They're quite convenient... in theory. I'm not the most responsible person, so I lost quite a few. And upkeep is a real hassle.

I initially didn't want to have glasses (because everyone in my family has glasses and they somehow get mixed up every once in a while, it is absolute CHAOS, let me tell you); I used contacts up until high school, because my lab classes don't allow them (even with safety goggles on). Something about dangerous fumes and small particles.

Though wearing contacts isn't too uncomfortable, glasses will do just fine if you don't have to be too active.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hiddenblink For This Useful Post:

Goner (07-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Disposable contacts are less hassle but expensive in the long run. Depends on what you are shooting for.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Before you consider... please see Los ojos de Julia
    in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I used to have them, but for every day use I found them to be annoying. Unless you're planning on cosplaying a lot I'd just stick with glasses. Less hassle. Also less damage to your eye if you don't put your contacts in right.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I had contacts for years - totally worth it! Sports, sunglasses, being able to put your head on a pillow are all worth it lol. The only thing is you have to remember to bring the lens fluid with you if you ever sleep over somewhere else

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    25d 11h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by WantaFanta View Post
    For me, they're a hassle. A single prescription will cost about $100, you have to put them in contact solution every night (Make sure you don't leave them in. You can get eye infections), you have to replace them with a new set every month, and if you happen to bump your head, your contacts might fall out. And from a personal note, putting contacts in my eyes gives me a cold numbing sensation.

I'm completely comfortable with my glasses, since I only have to replace the ever 2-3 years and I just have to wipe the lenses. If you want to get contacts, I'd say the only reason you should get them is for the freedom of not having glasses on your face.

I can't speak for colored contacts, but I'm under the impression they're just for show.
    $100? Where in god's name do you live?

Vision Insurance in the US is cheap, like $7/month and typically covers up to $100-150/yr in costs of the actual contact lenses themselves. (Which for me, is 2 boxes: 6 months worth of monthly disposable contacts)

I've worn contacts for about 15 years now and frequently wear them for weeks at a time. Definitely recommend taking them out at night often but forgetting every few days isn't an issue. (As long as you talk to your eye doctor about it and they make sure to prescribe you ones that are approved for sleeping in)

I've never bumped my head and had my contacts come out. Unfortunately wearing glasses for me is bad, nose is typically oily so they never stay on my face and my prescription is so high, it's like a fish-bowl effect.
    Add salt to taste!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've used contacts for two years I guess the answer to "are they worth getting?" is a plain "depends".

Pros:
    - the cost of contacts that last for 1 year and nice glasses even out (at least in Brasil), but contacts are more expensive to mantain, you'll need to buy the solution for them;
    - you see the edges of the glasses and with contacts you have a perfect vision;
    - your contacts always give you a clean vision, while glasses might get dirty or wet;
    - glasses can be heavy and hurt your face - it might even deforme you in the long run, I've seen it happen.
    Cons:
    - you'll need to clean them before you use and after you're done (DON'T SLEEP WITH CONTACTS ON).
    - it will take some time to learn how to quickly put them in your eyes, but don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of it
    - if you stay for too long in places with AC, your contacts will kill you :p ok not really but your eyes will get dry and it will hurt like hell, so you'll need to buy eye drops.

I switched for glasses because my eyes were too dry and I tried every eye drop I could and it didn't work. But now my glasses hurt my face. Well, I guess I just can't win
    Also, I never tried colored contacts but I think they're cute anyway, always see an eye doctor before buying any lenses ^^ they have to do exams on your eyes to know if you can wear contacts.
    Last edited by varney; 10-03-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sloth View Post
    $100? Where in god's name do you live?
    Northern Virginia. Everything is expensive here, and insurance stopped covering for eye contacts recently.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    I bought eye contacts two years ago for my skeleton costume, and theY looked frigging awesome.

There were some downsides though. Nice ones are super expensive ($60-100 CAD). I also don't wear contacts regularly so the whole process was a hassle for me and it irritated my eyes.