Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    10d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Are eye contacts worth it?

Does anyone have them and think that they are worth getting? Or are they just more of a hassle? Do you have to like replace them often? And how do they feel?

Also, what are your thoughts on colored contacts?
    Last edited by Goner; 07-26-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Aura loves me ♥

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Goner For This Useful Post:

70spurple (07-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I feel like they would be too much of a hassle, but I've never used them. The only time they'd be worth it to me is if I needed them to see better. Idk if the colored ones do that while being colored as well? If so, might as well get something cool. I saw a guy with red contacts and was a little freaked out at first. I didn't even know they were a thing so I was confused.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

70spurple (07-27-2017),Goner (07-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    For me, they're a hassle. A single prescription will cost about $100, you have to put them in contact solution every night (Make sure you don't leave them in. You can get eye infections), you have to replace them with a new set every month, and if you happen to bump your head, your contacts might fall out. And from a personal note, putting contacts in my eyes gives me a cold numbing sensation.

I'm completely comfortable with my glasses, since I only have to replace the ever 2-3 years and I just have to wipe the lenses. If you want to get contacts, I'd say the only reason you should get them is for the freedom of not having glasses on your face.

I can't speak for colored contacts, but I'm under the impression they're just for show.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WantaFanta For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    39d 9h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I like my contacts and don't think I'd ever switch to glasses. Mine are dailies (90 day supply) so I can just throw them away at the end of the day and not worry about it. It's slightly uncomfortable to put them in, but after that I don't usually feel them unless they accidentally get displaced. There are definitely drawbacks though. For one, they're expensive I have to make an eye appointment every time I run out. They can also dry yours eyes out and unless you have eye drops on you, you kinda just have to deal with it. I don't know much about colored contacts, but most of them look pretty fake-looking to me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Birds For This Useful Post:

Goner (07-28-2017)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I'm so squeemish about my eyes that I don't even mind wearing my glasses. I don't even notice them most of the time and I'm really sensitive to touch, so that's saying a lot. glasses are 10/10 compared to mashing things into your eyeballs.

BUT, if you'd rather change your eye color, or whatever you do with colored contacts. I say go for it on that basis alone if that's what you want them for.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Goner (07-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I used them for a while in HS. They were pretty convenient because I didn't have to worry about actual glasses but I wasn't very careful or responsible with my contacts so I went through quite a few. If I could I would go the contacts route again but I would have a pair of glasses also so I had the option to switch for a few days if I wanted too.
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

Goner (07-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Just popping in to say that you can definitely get coloured contacts with prescription lenses. But they're incredibly expensive. You can get cheaper ones, but coloured contacts are definitely something you don't want to skimp on, because poorly made ones can actually cut your eyes, or cause infections.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ehentalix For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds View Post
    I like my contacts and don't think I'd ever switch to glasses. Mine are dailies (90 day supply) so I can just throw them away at the end of the day and not worry about it. It's slightly uncomfortable to put them in, but after that I don't usually feel them unless they accidentally get displaced. There are definitely drawbacks though. For one, they're expensive I have to make an eye appointment every time I run out. They can also dry yours eyes out and unless you have eye drops on you, you kinda just have to deal with it. I don't know much about colored contacts, but most of them look pretty fake-looking to me.
    Displaced? Like the contact gets stuck in the back of your eye?
    in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I am pretty active so contacts were awesome for me from junior high school onwards. Playing sports with glasses was just the worst!

They are a lot of work at times. It depends on what your optometrist suggests. Some people get daily contacts that are just used as the name implies for one day. Or you can get monthlies that you dispose of after 30 days.

Overall I enjoyed contacts until the past few years since my eyes would dry out so fast so I would only use them for when I was playing sports.

If you get the option laser eye surgery is the best! *zap zap

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Goner (07-28-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I have used contacts most of my life, since I was a teen, took a break of ~3 years but this year I started using again.

They are definitely worth it in my opinion, specially for me that I never took good care of my glasses, which I often have dirty or have broken. I use contacts that you can stay with 5 days (night and day, or 10 if you take them out every night) and then throw away. At first is a bit tricky to put them on since you're basically touching your eye, but you get used to that eventually and after some months you can pop them in and out like nothing happened.

I considered laser but the shape of my eye makes the surgery risky and more troublesome so I rather not run the risk of ending up blind... and contacts are the second best option

I also used colored contacts, blue, when I was a teen.
    They are the same than optical contacts tbh, just that they last longer (the ones I had were of a month and then throw away)
    though, sometimes the contact moves and you need to adjust it if you don't wanna see blue lol

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Goner (07-28-2017)