Thread: Cleaning a dirty balcony in an upper level condo?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 14h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Cleaning a dirty balcony in an upper level condo?

Back story:
    So I live in on the second floor of an apartment. When we purchased our place the original owner didn't live in it so it was pretty dusty. Up until recently, we used the balcony as storage and now we want to use it. The problem is that the balcony is so dirty because it hasn't been cleaned once (it's a two year old building), the laundry vent blows dust all over the balcony, and we live by a train track so there's constant dust.

The problem:
    We tried cleaning it with this heavy duty cleaner which works. The issue is rinsing off the dirty mud afterwards. We can't hose it down because we tried that and the dirty water dripped into the balcony below. We asked the guy below us if he'd mind if we pressure washed it and he said we didn't want us to. The dirty water would also move into the balcony beside us (there's only a divider), so that wouldn't work anyway. I tried scrubbing and then rinsing with a cloth and a mop but the balcony is this weird material that catches everything so it ended up not working either.

Anyone have any ideas or experience?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I don't have experience with this but pressure washing seems like the logical solution to me (I know you can't do it tho)

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 14h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexxie View Post
    I don't have experience with this but pressure washing seems like the logical solution to me (I know you can't do it tho)

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    I know. It's the only way that makes sense to me. It's hard though when neighbors say no.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Views View Post
    I know. It's the only way that makes sense to me. It's hard though when neighbors say no.
    This might require some additional work and I'm not sure if it would work but could you possibly secure a tarp or something to kinda seal off your balcony, pressure wash it, and use a shop vac to pick up the excess water?

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Sorry if it's a dumb idea. It's late and the only halfway solution I can think of.
    Aura loves me ♥

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

Views (07-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 14h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexxie View Post
    This might require some additional work and I'm not sure if it would work but could you possibly secure a tarp or something to kinda seal off your balcony, pressure wash it, and use a shop vac to pick up the excess water?

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Sorry if it's a dumb idea. It's late and the only halfway solution I can think of.
    Actually no that's a pretty good idea. I thought about sealing the open spaces and pressure washing it but I just didn't know what to do with the excess water. I'll ask around if anyone has a shop vac I can borrow. Seems like the best option so far

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Views For This Useful Post:

Bexxie (07-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Views View Post
    Actually no that's a pretty good idea. I thought about sealing the open spaces and pressure washing it but I just didn't know what to do with the excess water. I'll ask around if anyone has a shop vac I can borrow. Seems like the best option so far
    Awesome! I hope it works out.

Also, if you can't find a shop vac to borrow, iirc, they are not terribly expensive to buy.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    Aura loves me ♥

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

Views (07-27-2017)