15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Guide to Silenced accounts.

Just to start, I wrote this guide in 2011. If any information has changed, or been updated please feel free to inform me in the comments and I will edit accordingly!

So You Got Silenced?

So you're reading this guide for one of many reasons, 1. you got silenced. 2. you're curious about silencings. 3. you're thinking about buying/selling some silenced shells yet not sure how to go about it. 4. you're bored/ a moderator checking out this guide.

The History of Silencing:

One fateful day TNT decided to bring a new punishment to the table (which is far better than freezings/suspensions in my opinion.) called "Silencing". Basically a silencing is when all communication to the neopian world cut off, leaving you alone in that world, with some pros and cons. This guide is here to explain all the things you can and can't do with a silenced account.

Things You Need to Know:

Things you can do with a silenced account:

1. You can still play games (and if you are a cheater you can still SS with no problems) you can still get trophies and high scores, and a slight benefit is you wont have people annoying you claiming you cheated.

2. You can still buy from shops and usershops, you can also sell out of your shop. (you just cant change the description/greeting/shop name)

3. You can still use the trading post. (you just cant have a wishlist on your lot)

4. You can still send gifts to other users, (i havent tested NC gifts yet as i dont buy NC and have no gift boxes if you have information on this i will be glad to add it.)

5. You can still send a pet transfer to another person.

6. You can still surf the pound.

7. You can still participate in site plots.

Things you CAN'T do with a silenced account

1. Update your profile.

2. Update pet pages.

3. Neomail other people.

4. Check your friends list.

5. Change your avatar.

6. Check the boards. (and no you cant lurk boards either. But the bright side is you can see the staff board for updates)

Silencing Times: Not every silence is permanent, depending on the severity of the rule you broke, or if TNT likes you or not depends on how long you can get silenced. if you flame/troll/spam very lightly (as in don't do anything serious) you can get i believe 24 hours to a week of ban time (if you can get less let me know) but i bypassed the filters on the boards and got a permanent silencing. your personal silencing time depends on the crime, and how often you have been warned already.

Pricing:

I would personally value them at half the price of a normal shell

Final Thoughts:

Basically a silenced account is just like a normal side account, only difference is no communication. you can still cheat the hell out of silenced accounts, and make a profit. though if you're not a cheater these accounts are just pet storage or a good account for neo-loners.

(if you feel anything should be added/removed please contact me. Please also contact me to correct my punctuation/spelling/grammar)

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Amparo (07-25-2017),Andymac106 (07-25-2017),Aura (07-25-2017),Nyu (07-27-2017),Pusheen (07-26-2017),Raposa (08-05-2017),salsadog (01-11-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I like the guide but would you consider adding info on how to interact with users that have silenced accounts say for example they have an item on the trading post you really want but its hard to price and you can't exactly ask them for an auction directly if its over 2m.